Wiring a plug for a flat grill i purchased

Dillin

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 08:46 pm
Hello. I am needing to hook up a starmax 524 flat grill. I have a existing 40 amp outlet that is on a 3 phase breaker...i think. It has 3 wire coming into a 3 switched breaker in the panel. My flat grill is currently wired for 1 phase. I had purchased a 50 amp range plug that matches the outlet but my knowledge of 3 phase is limited. How should i connect the red black and white wires? Is the whit still a neutral or does it act as a power leg?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 382 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 10:28 pm
@Dillin,
If you’re not sure, hire an expert electrician. It’s much cheaper than a burnt down house.
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It’s much cheaper than a burnt down house.

Or a funeral.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:05 pm
@Dillin,
Quote:
It has 3 wire coming into a 3 switched breaker in the panel.
No offense Dill but some of us older folk might not understand exactly what 'It' is; while we're not utter sure either, what it is that's 'coming into'

Quote:
I had purchased a 50 amp range plug that matches the outlet
Again, even the 'engineer' like myself might not know exactly what's meant by 'range plug,' though it;s becoming clearer that what you wanna do is plug your grill into a 3-phase outlet

Yes, I don't see why not, Dill; but like Cis says, you'd better get familiar with various kinds of 3-phase because otherwise you can easilyelectrocute yourself

Oh, 'whit' ? presumably 'white.' However, color coding depends on country and as we've recently learned, on the intelligence of your contractor. Take us old fellas seriously; the younger ones don't think very deeply. Fro instance there'r Software Spellers who couldn't 'gnize 'easilyelectrocute' as missp of 'easily electrocute'

Fellas, 'easily' is adjectival form of 'easy,' whichj means 'can do,' while 'electorcute' means to kill by shock, like when you stick metal stuff into a socket. If you have one who can write regular English, I'll explain, as [email protected] welcome any comment or q

[Oh and 'adjectival' means 'n'endin' malkin' a noun tell you somethin' 'bout the followin' word or phrase. I know it's complicated, but I do mean to edj y'all. And 'Fro' is missp of 'For,' with the positions of the 'o' andf 'r' interchanged. Contact me, I'll 'plain in more 'tail]
0 Replies

Dillin

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2017 10:55 pm
I snap a few pics tomorrow to better explain my situation.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wiring a plug for a flat grill i purchased
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:51:20