My dinner with LittleK

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:13 am
I had driven 2031 miles, it was rainy, it was cold. Littlek greeted me at the door wearing a brocaded kimono. Beautiful, I said. She smiled, bowed, led me inside. Supper was ready. But it was on the floor, or more precisely, laid out upon this foot-high end table. I sat down. She placed in front of me a small porcelain bowl filled with warm rosewater (to wash my figertips in). Smilling graciously, she poured tea, an authentic brew called soochang bing, or bong, I believe. The kind that smells like old straw soaked for six months in a horse trough. Delicious, I said, closing my eyes the better to savor its rare bouguet. She smiled again, I feared; then she removed the lid from another porcelean pot and with a matching ladle served a dark thick purple soup into tiny, again porcelean, bowls. A tinctiure of iodine hoovered on the air. We picked up miniture matching spoons, too short to sup from. The idea, evidently, is to bend the head far back and pour the contents of the spoon into your mouth, as if feeding an infant. I worked on it and got a few mouthfuls down. Best boiled sewage effluent I ever tasted. What is it? I asked. It's a sort of Japanse boullabaise, she said. She said it was called maru tamayaki. Really good! I said (wondering what kind of marine life was hidden in the soup). I dipped the little scoop deeper into my little porclean bowl and came up with something dead white, a languid invertebrate substance. Testicles of octopus? Placenta of jellyfish? What's this? I asked. She answered Tofu, soybean curd, you'll like it. She swallowed a spoonful of the stuff and watched me. I smiled and placed the wet tofu in my mouth, swallowed quickly before I lost courage It went down easily, I guess, although I felt a queasy tremor of protest from my stomach, Delicious, I exclaimed. I groped again into the beet-dark soup and fished up maybe a dying squid--limp strands of purple pseudoflesh dangling like tentacles from my spoon. I looked at littlek, she was watching me. Kelp, she said. You mean seaweed? She was getting pissed off now and turned to me saying, It ever occur to you that maybe your' not as smart as you think you are? Nobody could be that smart, I says back at her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,067 • Replies: 24
No top replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:19 am
ROTFLMAO
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:46 am
LOL!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:50 am
So, where did you spent the night?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:58 am
Dys, seeing as how we're about to meet in two weeks...I need you to sign a waiver that you won't post anything about it...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:11 am
you mean like "my meeting with the pansy ade?"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:43 am
Very Happy

Too bad she didn't make you any risotto. That l'k's a fine fine cook.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:45 am
ok beth, your next! (Carmen Mirada hat is what I'm thinking)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:48 am
<flinch>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:02 pm
BBB
Oh my gawd, now I'm scared to host the postponed birthday dinner I have planned for Dys and Diane. Does anyone know where I can find some Tarantula Tartare?

---BBB
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:07 pm
Why is it last time I saw her, all I got was a dirty look and a warm can of Pabst Blue Ribbon?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:09 pm
you sure it wasn't Carling's Black Label? (get off the table, mabel, the quarter's for the beer)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:14 pm
No waivers among friends....

uh oh...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:34 pm
now now osso, you know your my only and bestest friend.(will you would be if you gave me some ideas for landscaping my garden)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:45 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Why is it last time I saw her, all I got was a dirty look and a warm can of Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Good question.
What did you do?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
What do you think I did?

I backhanded the bitch 3 time and told her to get her ass back to the street and make me my money.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:51 pm
justkiddinglittlekdonthurtme
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:53 pm
well slappy, I don't know littlek all that well (we only met once) but I'd say that if you did that she would have ripped your spine out and shoved it down your throat and your complaining about a warm beer?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
dys knows the miss very well. Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
I've met Littlek twice now, and you may be right Dys.

She acts calm and cool, a real sweetheart, you know? However, you get the eerie feeling, one wrong move and BLAM-O! I think maybe her and Dag are actualy hitwomen for the mob.

I think you left the part about her pissing down my bloody stump, by the way.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My dinner with LittleK
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:29:08