Thank God for Mac Sr !

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2017 11:39 am
I was delighted to read in a certain well-respected Opinion Chat Room Tom McDonnel's response opining my 'God is Everything' opinion, which he describes as '…a pantheist's highly imaginative, science-fiction-like manifesto.' I'm flattered by him describing it as--at least--a form of 'science,' however seeing 'nothing apodictic' in my 'gratuitous assumptions.'

Actually, i had labeled my posit as 'apodictical existential pantheism,' using those two adjectives only because they sounded impressive. Yet he does allow 'I do recognize his claims…as existential.' Wow !! still another compliment for using a term selected at random !!

As for 'apodictical,' [meaning 'obvious'], Tom's right with '…not self-evident truths,' as indeed in my entire lifetime I don't recall ever having met another one.* Hafta Google that.

But McD, I'm accused of ''…believing in a TV science channel…' where I had described '' 'The Planets'…in Science Ch 193," as discussing '…the mysterious secrets of the moon….' You misunderstand: I didn't mean that this program in any way described the Moon had somehow critical to " 'Creation' of the Humanoid." No indeed; my (our) pantheistic God created us both,** as well as Earth and The Moon. All I meant, was, that Dish Sci Chan credited the gravitational field of the moon as involved in our evolution.

So Donn, you mustn't label me as one of the "... 'believers' who get their comfortable…beliefs from movies, videos, and…science fiction…programs." The Science Channel isn't given to science fiction. Then you end '…by asking …you [the fine—and unbiased---and nationally-recognized OCR]..to publish…only letters that respect the one, true God…' Oh heck, TM Nell Sr, your conclusion is virtually a [bnition of bias[/b], the last thing we'd hope to find in a Web OpEd.

Dale Hleman
Apple Valley
[Home of the doubters and dissenters]

[ * 'specially one like me, who maintains that 'If you wanna call the whole thing 'God," well then okay.' Thus TM Nell Sr, how can you call me 'athiest' ?

I did however one time encounter a determinist, a very fine fellow who 'nevertheless' expressed a certain joy in life. But, DP reader, don't worry: I can prove pretty conclusively that inevitability is sheer nonsense; still that's a sub for 'nother Let' !!]

**I should 'splain to the Newkie that I use the term 'Creation' very loosely; it being apparent for its lack of contr'n and para'x that She has existed forever
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 244 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank God for Mac Sr !
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:37:41