Havin' A Bad Day

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:33 am
So, my car gets repo'ed the day after I get my other car out from the impound for driving without registration. Paid the car note faithfully for 2 years until I head into a roadblock. Both my cars get towed within a day of eachother. Total cost to get them both back: $1,200.00.

This whole year was a freaking bad day back to back like the movie Groundhog's Day. Then this holiday season, the icing on the cake was all the bullshit that rolled into one massive snow ball of bad luck and misery. There's approximately 24 more hours of this year left and I'm thinking, "Man, am I gonna' survive?" While everyone opened presents Christmas morning, I woke up and greeted an 8 hour shift in a city full of white bigots and racists who've only seen the minority out of their own city limits. This New Year's eve I'm hopin' and prayin' to God that I survive the ongoing and ultimate struggle between man and man, food in my stomach or gas in my tank, playin Russian Roulette to help figure which bills I'm gonna pay this week. I'm stuck in a exception, makin' just enough to live but not enough to qualify for welfare.

So what will the year 2005 bring to me? Is this gonna be my year or what? Because before you know it a bad day turns into a bad month, a bad month into a bad year, a bad year turnin' into a decade of hardship. I think I've suffered enough, but who freakin' cares in this steel country? I get slapped with a ticket for not driving with proper ID, and soon I will face the judge. I wonder, will he judge me the way everyone else does? By the title of my job, the rating of my credit? Will he judge me differently because I live in the 'hood or because I drive and Acura?? Or... Will he judge me by my character?

You know, last week I was stressin' out, just feanin' for one hit from a ciggerette. It's 2am and I'm walkin' to 7-11 with the last 5 bucks left to my name when I bump heads with another stranger wandering into the dead night. And eventually the man asks if I would help him get a bite to eat. I went up to that store clerk and demanded 5 dollars worth of hot food. He seemed confused and agitated at my request, there was a line ya' know. I was holdin' up the line of 3 people who just wanted to go on their way. I said, "Listen. There's a man out there who's hungry and I want as many hot dogs I can get with 5 dollars." Nobody looked me in the eye. Stared at things that weren't that interesting as they held on to their own purchases greedily. I got one feeble thanks from the hungry man and we both went on our ways. I hope someday if there is ever a time I am hungry someone will open their hearts to me.

So your honor, how will you judge me?

Almighty God, how will you judge me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 597 • Replies: 5
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:54 am
I can't help but judge you...
We all have it pretty bad sometimes too, just hang in there.

PS: Look for a PT. :wink:
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:05 am
Just remember that a hard life is better than no life at all.

If you need support, you have a nice structure waiting for you here.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:12 am
Hi Bluskies:
First welcome to a2k. Your choice of names certainly doesn't go with your tale of woe. It does fit your using your last 5 bucks to help someone even more in trouble than you. One of the things I can tell you is if all around you people are beating you up, don't join them. We beat ourselves up more than they can ever do. If the fates have been beating on you this long their arms have got to be tired. If you've lasted this long with a really bad year you must be tough and determined. Find ways to organize your money. Think of things you're spending money on that can be cut back to give you more for paying bills. Channel anger into action. Regard every bill paid as a victory and praise yourself for accomplishing it. It's a new year. Never give up. Show them you're better than they are. Good luck.
0 Replies

BluSkies713

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:19 pm
Thanks everyone for responding to my desperate act of frustration. Sometimes a bad day can make you forget all the good things in life. I'm not an ungrateful person. I give thanks to all the gifts and blessing I have recieved, but I'm only human. Sometimes I forget these simple things. I was raised the right way and I take pride in that.

There are many people out there who will purposely make your day turn for the worse. There are people who wish you ill and think mean thoughts in the solitude of their minds. There are people who attend church faithfully every Sunday, yet their souls are rotting with sins that even God can't possibly forgive. There are people who says nice things to you but behind your back will betray you. There are people who have the power to look beyond an honest mistake, but rather, take you down when you're already strugglin'.

As we celebrate the holidays and give thanks in God's name let us not forget the purpose and meaning. Treat each stranger as a seasoned friend, each day like it's Christmas, each problem as a possibility. My faith in this world is slowly diminishing and my heart is broken by how we treat eachother.

How wonderful it would be if we never grew up. Imagine if we could stay in kindergarten forever! We would say our "pleases" and "thank-yous." We wouldn't cut in line or yell. We'd greet strangers with curiosity in hopes of meeting a new friend. It's a shame we have to grow up. It's a shame that we teach our kids morals and good manners yet we cannot follow the same.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year's, because with a new year we get rejuvenated and refreshed! I hope lonely men and women will find their soulmates this year. I hope a poor man wins the lottery! I hope a cure for cancer will be discovered and all the treatment will be free! I hope we will learn our neighbors' names and greet them like an old friend. I hope our faith and love will only grow when struggles and hard times find their way into our lives. Of course, this is idealistic. But it can start at home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:05 am
BluSkies713 wrote:

How wonderful it would be if we never grew up. Imagine if we could stay in kindergarten forever! We would say our "pleases" and "thank-yous." We wouldn't cut in line or yell. We'd greet strangers with curiosity in hopes of meeting a new friend. It's a shame we have to grow up.

Your post has made me feel quite nostalgic this morning. It's funny how somehow we humans are all alike to a degree.

It would be wonderful if we could all stay young forever, indeed.

Happy New Year to you too Bluskies.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Havin' A Bad Day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:15:52