Could you tell me if there is any mistake in this little text about the US presidents ?

KYLE013

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2017 12:00 am
Hello ! I am French and I have to write a little presentation about the Presidents of the United States. Could you tell me if I made any mistake ? Thank you !

"A candidate in the US presidential election has to obey to some rules to expect to become the next President. Which are they ? It is to that question that we are going to try to answer.

How to become the next president of the Unite States ?

To begin, if you want to be candidate in the next presidential election you have to respect some legal rules.
Firstly, you have to be born in the United States. Even if you are an American citizen... If you are born in a foreign country, you can't be candidate in the US presidential election. We understand there all the work made by Donald TRUMP and his staff to spread the rumors of Barack OBAMA being born in Kenya.
Secondly, you have to be 35 or older. This constitutional rule makes a great difference with the French system were the legal age to become candidate in the presidential election is 18 years old.
Thirdly, if you want to be the next president, don't spend all your times in foreign countries. You have to have been at a moment in your life at least 14 years in the United States.

But respecting this legal rules is not sufficient at all to be the next president. Indeed, most of the American presidents also share characteristics which are more “sociological”.
Being from the State of Virginia can help, for instance, since this is the case for no less than 8 American presidents.
Besides, if you want to be the next American president, like many of your predecessors, you shold do years of study. You have to graduate from higher education... even if nearly a quarter of the 45 presidents didn't have a higher education.
And not just any kind of study : a diploma in Law, Economics, or Political science should make the job, preferably from an Ivy League School. HAVARD should be you number one choice : Barack OBAMA, George W. BUSH, John KENNEDY, and Franklin D. ROOSVELT went to Harvard.
But other characteristics are also important : you should be married... Only one president being unmarried among the 45 presidents during his presidency...
Another thing : during your childhood, try to push your father to become president. Why ? Because, as for John QUINCY or George W BUSH, it would probably help you to succeed to get the job of your dream. You can also work for making your grandfather to candidate : it worked for one president : William HENRY HARRISON.

We can also evoke some psychological characteristics which are very often present among US presidents.
Firstly, according to the Foundation for the study of personality in history, American presidents are very often what we call “pathological liar”. A pathology which is, according to the author of “Les fous qui nous gouvernent”, very useful to make election promises which will not be respected.
Moreover, a study made by the American university Emory shows that American presidents are closer from psychopaths than the majority of the population - the psychopath being an individual fearless and senseless.
In fact, you would better be a little bit psychotic since, according to some social psychologists, we would find around 50 percents of presidents suffering of psychological troubles, from depression to alcoholism.

To finish, we will talk about physical characteristics. Indeed, the choice of the electors is probably more than we think determined by the appearance of the candidates.
The first, and maybe the most decisive thing you have to know if you want to be the next american president is that you have to be a male. It is a shame... But that's the case for the totality of the 45 Presidents of the United States. And even if years have passed since the first presidential election, some commentators have said that it was partly because she was a woman that Hillary CLINTON lost the last presidential election against Donald TRUMP.
The second thing you have to know is that you have to be old enough. The average age of American president is 55 years old... And it doesn't seem to be the tendency to vote for younger candidate : the older president is the last one : It is, Donald TRUMP, who is 70 year old
Furthermore, it would be easier for you if you are white. That is once again a shame... But among the 45 presidents, only one - Barack OBAMA - was black.
And to finish, you should probably also cut your beard : Among the 45, only 5 presidents had a beard. And for the last one, it was more than a century ago...

To sum up, I would like to ask you a question : Who among you would have the better characteristics to become the next president of the united states ?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 279 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 09:04 am
@KYLE013,
KYLE013 wrote:
Firstly, you have to be born in the United States. Even if you are an American citizen... If you are born in a foreign country, you can't be candidate in the US presidential election.

You are required to be a natural born American citizen. But if American parents have a child which is born while they are in a different country, that child still counts as a natural born American citizen.

KYLE013 wrote:
Secondly, you have to be 35 or older.

Correct.

KYLE013 wrote:
Thirdly, if you want to be the next president, don't spend all your times in foreign countries. You have to have been at a moment in your life at least 14 years in the United States.

I've never heard of such a rule and would very be surprised if it exists. But I guess I don't know definitively.

KYLE013 wrote:
some commentators have said that it was partly because she was a woman that Hillary CLINTON lost the last presidential election against Donald TRUMP.

Those commentators are lunatics. Hillary lost because the American people wanted change and she was the status quo candidate. The American people will elect a woman if that woman is the right candidate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Could you tell me if there is any mistake in this little text about the US presidents ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 09:56:49