False hope I give myself?

Xiuzhen

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:39 pm
Little background: my crush and I are both 17yrs | he is like super handsome and super funny but he is so socially akward that he can't talk to girls (except his girl-friends). I know him for 2.5 yrs now and in the beginning we weren't very close, we became very close 1.5 yrs ago when we became classmates (but he didn't like the other classmates, the time before that there were classmates he liked and we were just friends)
At first we were just friends and I didn't even liked him like "more than friends", I even helped him with his now ex and a crush who is my best friend. But 1.5 yrs ago during summer, with a group of friends we got to spend so much time together, I fell for him hard! At the end of sept. my friend tried to set me up with him he said he didn't see mee that way. So I gave up my hope and kinda moved on. Keep in mind, I only have male classmates so I tried to extract myself with them and spend last year most of my time with the other boys (actually to make my crush jealous but also bc those boys became real friends of mine). This year it is different, he doesn't like most of the friends we share ( and we share like all friends) so he only "likes" me, my best friend, call her Hailey (the one he had, maybe still has, a crush on) and another friend of mine, call her Nina. But Nina moved away and Hailey is way more popular than my crush and me so she is also surrounded by other people. Because of that my crush and I, are always together at school bc again he is socially akward, doesn't like many people and can't talk to hailey.
At least once a day we stare into each others eyes and just smile, we laugh when we say exactly the same thing at the same time, we share the same humour. He also did once mentioned once as a joke I could read his handpalm again, again as in bc 2 yrs ago I once read his handpalm on a photo via text at like 12pm. He remembered that detail! And also he once needed a white shirt for a party we both were invited to and aksed to shop with him. I invited two other friends and he kinda joked that he wanted to go shop seriously and so didn't wanted to have those other two friends with. But I don't know bc he wanted to be alone with me or bc he like kinda doesn't like one of those boys. Bc I am so deeply in love and don't want him to know, I try to hide it by hanging with the other boys but bc sometimes my feelings are stronger I only hang with him --> that sends mix messages to him

Am I reading the signs wrong, is it my heart that is taking over my mind? Or are these signs that he maybe likes me? Is he to shy to tell me? Or does he just like me as a friend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 348 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:19 am
@Xiuzhen,
How can you only have male classmates if Nina and Hailey also go to your school?

You know, even outside the United States, you can ask him out for tea or a soda or something and just say something like, "I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think we'd be good together. What do you think?"
Xiuzhen

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 06:37 am
@jespah,
I live in Belgium, I'm not going to explain the system but let's just say, our school is actually 3 schools. So I only have male classmates but I can eat lunch at the same school as Hailey and Nina. But my crush and I used to go to the exact same school Hailey but for 1.5 half years we both switched to "another" school (but you know we still are at the same school). And I don't know if I already reached the friendzone. I know he will say yes if I asked him out but I wanna know is that bc we are friends or bc he wants to be more than friends.
jespah

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 10:03 am
@Xiuzhen,
Ask him out anyway.

Sometimes we just do not know what is going to happen in life. We might be let down or disappointed.

The world does not end if this happens.

You do not get to know how life turns out before it happens. It's not a movie.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » False hope I give myself?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:09:18