Is Islam peaceful?

Haisan

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 11:12 am
I'm Thai student.I'm doing research
What do you think about it,you can share your opinion information please, thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 766 • Replies: 14
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 06:31 pm
@Haisan,
Yes, Islam is peaceful. There are extremists in most religions and cultures. That doesn't make the whole any one thing based on a few negative incidence. Remember what Japan did to China before and during WWII? How about how Germany treated the Jews during the same period? There are period in almost every culture that shows inhuman behavior by the masses towards another. Even religion has its history of wars and killings, and that includes Christianity. Look what happened between the Protestants and Catholics in North Ireland? https://www.infoplease.com/northern-irish-conflict-chronology
Haisan

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, I see . Thank for your answer.
0 Replies

Haisan

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 03:31 am
What do you mean?..I don't understand about this picture..!!
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 03:44 am
@Haisan,
Those are people jumping to their deaths from the top of the World Trade Center on 9/11.
Haisan

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:06 am
@oralloy,
Yes,I see but how this picture connected with Islam?
Can you explain more..Thanks
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:28 am
@Haisan,
9/11 was perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Islam, and a very large number of Muslims were delighted by the slaughter of American innocents.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 11:06 am
@Haisan,
It's about a country's religious battles between Catholics and Protestants when both are based on the same god. Their difference lies in their belief in the bible. http://www.dw.com/en/the-main-differences-between-catholics-and-protestants/a-37888597
India has six religions, but they don't have the same problems as Ireland concerning Christianity. Rather, it was between Muslims and Hindus.
Haisan

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:04 am
@oralloy,
So do you think Islam is not peaceful right?
Haisan

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for your answer.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:22 am
@Haisan,
Haisan wrote:
So do you think Islam is not peaceful right?

I don't think Islam as a whole can be deemed either peaceful or not peaceful.

There are certainly a lot of Muslims who are peaceful and abhor violence.

But there are a significant number of Muslims who are extremely violent and murderous, and there are a lot of Muslims who while not violent themselves, openly support such violence.

The violence isn't just terror attacks like 9/11 either. There are honor killings for example. Or little girls who have their face disfigured with strong acid as a punishment for learning how to read.

The violence within Islam is pervasive enough and extreme enough that it is a real problem within the religion despite all of the Muslims who are peaceful.

Although I'll note that there is one prominent case in the news where a group of entirely peaceful Muslims is the victim of horrible violence from a religion that is normally thought of as very peaceful: in Burma/Myanmar the Rohingya Muslims are currently being ethnically cleansed by Buddhists in a crime against humanity that stops just short of genocide.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 10:18 pm
I don't believe Muslims were targeting westerners until they got upset with these countries exploiting and controlling them.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
It may be that the British Empire once tried to exploit and control them. But that ended during WWII. No one has exploited or controlled them since 1945.
0 Replies

Haisan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 09:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes,I also don't believe Muslims were targeting westerners because now Muslims were killing to some others in Burma . This is pity situation of innocent Muslims.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
@oralloy,
You're talking about all religions. By and large, Islam teaches charity.
Quote:
Charity
Main articles: Zakat and Sadaqah

"Zakāt" (Arabic: زكاة‎‎ zakāh "alms") is giving a fixed portion of accumulated wealth by those who can afford it to help the poor or needy and for those employed to collect Zakat; also, for bringing hearts together, freeing captives, for those in debt (or bonded labour) and for the (stranded) traveller.[101][102] It is considered a religious obligation (as opposed to voluntary charity) that the well-off owe to the needy because their wealth is seen as a "trust from God's bounty". Conservative estimates of annual zakat is estimated to be 15 times global humanitarian aid contributions.[103] The amount of zakat to be paid on capital assets (e.g. money) is 2.5% (1/40) per year,[104] for people who are not poor.

Teaching of Buddhism:
Quote:
Because the Buddha knew what was in the hearts of children and human kind, he taught everyone how to live a happy and peaceful life. Buddhism is not learning about strange beliefs from faraway lands. It is about looking at and thinking about our own lives. It shows us how to understand ourselves and how to cope with our daily problems.

Sadaqah means optional charity which is practiced as religious duty and out of generosity.[105] Both the Quran and the hadith have put much emphasis on spending money for the welfare of needy people,[106] and have urged the Muslims to give more as an act of optional charity.[107] The Quran says: Spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death should come to any of you (63:10). One of the early teachings of Muhammad was that God expects men to be generous with their wealth and not to be miserly (Quran %3Averse%3D1 107 :1–7).[108] Accumulating wealth without spending it to address the needs of the poor is generally prohibited and admonished.[109] Another kind of charity in Islam is waqf which means perpetual religious endowment.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is Islam peaceful?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:01:06