When people lie...

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:42 am
In the classic Italian fairy tale Pinocchio, Pinocchio's nose grows longer when he tells a lie. In the real world, the nose doesn't grow long when you're lying, but they do change. Researchers at the University of Grenada in Spain have found that when people lie, the temperature of the nose and surrounding muscles increases, according to a report from the American Journal of Popular Science.
When people lie, there will be many intuitive manifestations besides this phenomenon. For example, when I lie, I will touch my neck.
Did you observe any small movements when you or others are lying?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 400 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:52 am
@yying0303,
Their lips move.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:00 pm
@yying0303,
Everybody has their own way of indicating that they aren't being honest. Some people perspire, some twiddle their fingers together, other people look at the ground or the sky or left or right.

A brain scan during a lie might show some interesting activity as the liar crafts a story which they good will be believable.

As roger said, the commonality is the moving lips.
yying0303

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 08:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Yes, you might be right about that. Now people's lie is gradually like telling the truth, just make some body movements deliberately be minimized, then others can not easily distinguish their words.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When people lie...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:08:29