I have been dating a married man for nearly 4 years but I am getting jealous

MillieG

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 11:02 am
We live miles apart and he only comes down every month for one or two days at a time. He seems to quibble about the cost of the hotels and meals, despite the fact I cant work and pay for half of everything. He has a highly paid job. It makes me feel terrible and spoils the day(s). He is currently on a family outing for 5 days where he has rented a cottage for him and his wife which isn't cheap and does this thing where he tells me an hour before going, and starts the conversation with "you are not going to like it" which he seems to think makes it OK if I don't like it. Is there any way to make him understand how I feel, he wont leave his wife despite two years ago promising he would. He just said she is a companion I just cant leave! Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 293 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 11:13 am
@MillieG,
He knows you're not happy with the situation.

He understands his situation is not going to change.

His primary relationship is with his wife.

If you don't like your current relationship, find one that meets your needs more closely.

__

What does his wife think about him having a girlfriend on the side? if she's only a companion, they must have discussed this.
0 Replies

MillieG

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 12:36 pm
His wife does not know. She spends all day at home while he is at work and she wont go to the shops or to visit their sons unless he drives her. She spends his money and expects him to drive her everywhere despite him being at work all day while she sits at home watching tv.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 07:33 pm
@MillieG,
Do your town not have single guys in it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 11:37 pm
@MillieG,
Is that what she has told you?

It can't be all that bad if he is choosing to holiday with her.

Seriously. You know better than to believe what he tells you. If he's lying to her, he's lying to you.

Find a guy who has space for you in his life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 11:38 pm
@MillieG,
MillieG wrote:
starts the conversation with "you are not going to like it" which he seems to think makes it OK if I don't like it.

of course it's ok

it's not like you're doing anything to upset the status quo
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I have been dating a married man for nearly 4 years but I am getting jealous
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 03:14:18