36 yr old boyfriend is havng serious health problems

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 12:51 am
We moved into our town home Feb.4 2017. Around June 6 a cable tech went into attic for install and obviously fell and left before notifying me. That night i spotted the ceiling broken. I called maintenance and cable compay. Within 2 weeks the whole section came down with insulation. My boyfriend was the one who cleaned it. Me and my daughter were not home when it fell. About a month later my kitten got sick and passed away.. By August we were having problems breathing. I was thinking it waa the heat from the ceiling being open. My botfriend had gotten up there and tacked a sheet. I emailed my manager and by the end of Aug they came and repaired it. My boyfriend was complaining that he couldnt breathe. Walking up the stairs was to much for him. Everytime he laid down he would jump up saying it felt like his throat was closing. One morning/afternnoon because i now sleep so much that i couldnt function and found him gone. He drove himself to the Er. He was admitted and admitted at least 4 other times following the first admission. Each time keeping him a week sometimes a few days longer.. Doctors diagnosed him with heart failure and pulmonary hypertension, sleep anea, and diabetes. They hazve no idea why this is happening to him. Around Sept 20 a doctor at the hospital asked if he had been exposed to mold. I said no. Without thinking of the ceiling or when his problem even started. Later that night i got home and started looking. I have no idea what mold looks like so i will show you what i have found. He is back in the hospital, so far its been 6/7 days. This time for cougjing up blood. And he just got over pneumonia. I told him to let the doctors know but the ones we have seen except one is sceptical and are finding it hard to believe mold is causing this.. I developed a skin rash on my hand. My doctor called it eczema. In 40 years i never had eczem one time. But ocording to the doctor I have eczema now. She did say that it could have been triggered by mold and a few other things.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 315 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 12:54 am
@andreapena77tx,
Perhaps. I've also read of some real horror stories involving foam insulation that wasn't properly applied. If that stuff was involved, you might want to check in with a really good attorney.
andreapena77tx

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 01:11 am
@roger,
I contacted one yesterday. I want to post these pictures in hopes someone can tell me if it looks like mold. I am just not familiar with it.
0 Replies

andreapena77tx

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 01:35 am
Here is a link to the pictures i tiok. I really need someone to tell me if any of this looks like mold.
Is this mold? https://imgur.com/gallery/q5aBR
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 05:09 am
Is the tech sick? Call and find out.

Your BF's illnesses don't sound like reaction from ceiling issue, but who knows?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 02:57 pm
@andreapena77tx,
In doesn't strike me as mold. However, you'd be best checking with a professional, photos aren't always a good indicator.

Did you indicate to the medical people the type of work which had been gong on? The damages to the ceiling? Do you know what materials were used in crafting the ceiling and the building in general? Put on protective gloves and place a sample of the materials (both the pink and the black) in sample bags and bring to your medical people for testing.

As for illness, some while back, I had ceiling leakage (top floor, leakage from the roof) and became ill for a few weeks. Nothing as long lasting or bad as what your gentleman s experiencing. Perhaps you need to go to a different doctor.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 36 yr old boyfriend is havng serious health problems
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 03:49:46