What's up with Citibank?

roger

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:25 pm
I'm trying to recover from a hard disc crash. I log into their credit card site (sometimes able to log in) And it only shows last months transactions, and shows them as unpaid. I've called their help line given on the back of the card and keyed in the information they ask for. Their recording says "Press 1 for balances". I press 1 and the response is "that response is invalid".

Huh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 632 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:29 pm
@roger,
their outage map

http://downdetector.com/status/citi/map/
roger

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, they show no problems in New Mexico. It's worrisome because they might try to double bill me, and even damage the old FICO report. I do have the bank statement showing payment, and bless their heart, the statement even shows the payment confirmation number.

Do you think I need to do anything to protect myself?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:24 pm
@ehBeth,
It looks like our area has an outage too! I hope they correct it soon. It is worrisome.
roger, I think you should contact citibank to find out what's going on and when they expect to correct their problem. If they're down, it would seem hackers would have problems too. Besides that, banks have FDIC, so depositors monies are protected. https://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/
roger

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for the confirmation. Regretfully, all attempts to contact them have failed. I will continue to try at random intervals.

Actually, if they kept last month's charges and completely lost this month's, I would be dollars ahead. Sadly, I know this isn't going to happen.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 08:48 pm
@roger,
are there local call centres? or are your calls/outages noted in the larger nearby communities?
roger

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 08:53 pm
@ehBeth,
I've only found what Google knows about Citibank. I finally got them to answer on a really bad line and at least found out my current balance. They say it won't be online till Oct 5. They are really hard to understand, and I know for sure I was able to get current information with out waiting for statement closing date.

Oh well. I guess they aren't going to try to collect.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's up with Citibank?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 09:21:57