Good news.

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:35 am
Things are officially crummy in Denmark. My thread titles are becoming increasingly morbid.

I just read an article that made me happy. That doesn't happen often.

Feel free to share anything positive or happy here.

Look what these guys did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/28/a-kid-walked-into-a-gamestop-wearing-a-colin-kaepernick-jersey-two-nfl-players-bought-him-an-xbox/

Saundra Watts was getting her makeup done in the Dulles 28 Centre in Sterling on Tuesday, killing time while her dog was groomed at Petco, when her 10-year-old grandson, Jaden, came running into the store.

"He's jumping up and down, saying, 'Nana! Nana! Nana! These two guys want to buy me an Xbox. You've got to come right now,' " Watts recalled in a phone interview on Thursday.

Watts exchanged a skeptical look with the woman applying her makeup.

"She did not believe me," said Jaden, who had wandered into a GameStop next door. "She thought it was some person who was joking with me or something."

Actually, Saundra, an advocate for abused and neglected children, was thinking much worse.

"The first thing I'm thinking is there's some pedophile trying to buy my grandson an Xbox," she said. "So I'm like, I'm going to bust up in there and bust his bubble."

Related: [D.J. Swearinger’s attitude has produced immediate results, on and off the field, for Redskins]

When they entered GameStop, Jaden introduced Saundra to the two men in shorts and T-shirts who had made the generous offer: Washington Redskins running backs Keith Marshall and Rob Kelley.

"Is it okay if we buy your son an Xbox?" Marshall asked Saundra, who was flattered Marshall thought she was Jaden's mom. "I was like, 'Really?' Now mind you, I didn't know they were Redskins, and neither did Jaden."

Jaden said Marshall and Kelley had complimented him on his Colin Kaepernick 49ers jersey when he walked into the video game store to inquire about the price of the Xbox One. Kelley said Marshall overheard Jaden mention something about saving up to buy the video game console and Marshall asked his teammate if he was interested in pitching in to buy it for him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 306 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Good news.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:26:13