Losing hair

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 10:33 pm
I have been losing a lot of hair anytime I brush or even run my fingers through my hair for many years now. I want to explain my hair routine first so you can tell me what I am doing wrong because I know I am doing a lot wrong. My hair is about mid-back length and I always wear it up in a pony except when I shower. I shower every night right before bed. When I take my hair out, I run my fingers through it getting any snags out. When I do this, I lose about 15-20 hairs. It seems like each time I run my fingers through, there is always hair that comes out. When I shower, I use Bed Head repair #2 (blue bottle) conditioner every day and Bead Head repair #2 shampoo every other day. When I use the conditioner, I rub it in on my scalp and down the length of my hair. After that I leave it in for about 2-3 minutes. When I get out of the shower, I squeeze the water out and put my hair in a Turbie Twist towel. I wait and do other things for about 5 minutes and then take my hair out of the towel. Then I brush my hair to the side because it is the easiest for me with a Wet Brush. When I have all the tangles out, I pull all the hairs out of the brush which is a handful of about 50 hairs. Then I run my hand through my hair a couple more times, again, picking more hair off my fingers and hands. Then I put it up into a pony tail and clean up the hair on the floor. I go to bed and the next day it stays in the same pony tail from the night before until I take a shower again that night.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 241 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 06:35 am
From what you have described, it doesn't seem like that hair loss is excessive.

But you might want to cut your hair (it's too long and heavy) and quit stressing it out with the pony tail all the time.

Also, you might be washing your hair too often.

Unless you have bald spots or you are losing hair on the eyebrows or eyelashes, you don't have a problem. Biotin helps encourage new growth.

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 11:36 am
@PUNKEY,
I would add that if all that conditioner use isn't preventing tangles then a new conditioner is necessary. Brushing or combing hard to get tangles out is bound to cause some breakage.
luciekitty04

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:14 pm
@jespah,
I have not really found any conditioner that completely takes out the tangles. Even when I do not brush (just playing with my hair), it comes out.
luciekitty04

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yes, I realize that could be some of the problem of not cutting it often. I cut it irregularly; 3-4 times total per year and only a trim because I have a fear of getting my hair cut (long story; childhood trauma).
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2017 05:03 am
@luciekitty04,
Then you are being too rough on your hair.
luciekitty04

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2017 06:39 pm
@jespah,
I don't know how. I don't do anything with it
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Losing hair
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:07:44