0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:19 am
Just got my "How To Play AC/DC" 'zine
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:23 am
really ? interesting.
I took an interest in guitar after i started listening to metal.
I liked heavy metal in school.. it was the FAD.
BUT.. it sucked. You had people who really couldnt play, or played simple riffs over and over again . All trying to jump on the metal bandwagon so they could make a buck.
I started listening again about 3-4 years ago and found some really talented bands. Of course, my little teenage rocker re-emerged and i wanted to be a rock star.. so I started playing. HAHA! what a joke.
I started out thinking I could copy some of dimebag's riffs.. One in particular .. off of cowboys from hell. >sigh< Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:29 am
I missed the whole metal thing but a patron put $20 in the tip jar for a rendition of "You Shook Me All Night Long" and I had to learn it...now we do it most nights. Angus is a ...genius.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:31 am
I also missed the heavy metal thing, for the most part, at least, but we used to play the hell out of a live Motorhead lp back when I was a clerk in a record store. Blew us away...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:32 am
Were they German?...or Dutch?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:33 am
Motorhead was (is?) English, and really raw sounding....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:34 am
Ooo.. I love motorhead.
When it comes to lyrics, I think --- whoa-- I just drew a blank on the lead singers name. I almost want to say Benny.. but that isnt it.
Any-who. Thier lyrics , I enjoy them the most. They are intelligent and VERY well written. I think sex and death is my favorite song.

I wish I could play like Young. Well.. maybe not. I am not sure i want to have a guitar between my legs, bounce around AND try to stay in tune.. hmm
yeah, he is pretty damn good. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
I fee sorry for all the culturally deprived non metal heads...except for pan (can't play indeed)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
Heh heh..I just read angus on why he never stops moving: "You can't stand in one place and dodge the bottles"...lovely sense of humour.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:38 am
http://www.imotorhead.com/gallery.htm
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:50 am
Great web site, shewolf! The lead singer's name is Lemmy...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:57 am
useless trivia..Motorhead...slang for speedfreak.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:58 am
THATS it. Lemmy...
UG. How can one forget that name! :-)

I introduced that band to my husband. He used to listen only to a techno style music that to me was really off the wall.
now.. all he listens to .. Motorhead, motorhead, motorhead. haha.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I fee sorry for all the culturally deprived non metal heads...except for pan (can't play indeed)

Shocked
I didnt have to say a word... hahah!
Busted!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.21 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:07:31