ITs SNOWING!!!!!

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:02 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Its SNOWING.......ITS SNOWING....

~~~jumping up and down like a lil girl

Its snowing, ITS SNOWING......... Razz

Ok, OK, I know, I know......it does not impress you wonderful A2Kers that live up north, but it sure impresses me. WE will actually have a white christmas!!!!! That hasn't happened in this state since 91'.

My Diary for the day: :wink:

Hum, its snowing......HOT DAMN! I shared my enthusiam with a few customers at the cafe. They just laughed at me. Of course, these are men that work outside in the weather regardless, so thier enthusiam didn't match mine.

After work, I sat down in the windows of the cafe to watch the world go by and to admire the HUGE snowflakes that were falling. My cheerfulness and intrigue soon turned into humor, I laughed as I watched the tow trucks zoom back and forth picking up cars. It seemed that everyone and thier brother had to get out in it.

And it has never ceased to amaze me when one lil snow flake falls, these folks in Arkansas hit the roadways to find milk, bread and smokes and alcohol. LOL I laughed at the members of our community stocking up like its the end of the world. They can get that 13 miles to the liquor store, but they can't go to work. There were even a few that were buying butane and extra fuel for thier generators...just in case.

I laughed at I watched people bundled up like it was a blizzard from hell that had hit. Some driving vehicles with ski goggles on. (can we all say REDNECKS?) Its humorous.....

Snowflakes to me......is a hot cup of cocoa and pull the shades back to watch is snow. Its not the end of the world. Its snowball fights, snow angels and family spending time together inside. And I love it. But of course, in Arkansas...we don't get snow often..and by Friday it will be gone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 738 • Replies: 16
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:11 pm
You lucky thing....I wish it was snowing here. Are you feeling really festive? Very Happy
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:11 pm
Sounds like fun to me! Where are you writing from?

I grew up in snowy regions, but it rarely snows here (too near the water). When it goes, it get all gleeful, too!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:33 pm
South Central Arkansas

Our weather here is so bumfuzzling. It can be snowing the southern part of the state and in the northern part be 20 degree warmer. It HAS happened.

The saying in our state is..."if you don't like the weather now, just hang around a few minutes, it'll change".
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:35 pm
Yea....I am feeling FESTIVE.

Today at work, I was ready..... homemade soup, cornbread, the works. Just watching the windows for the first sign of it. Couldn't wait!!!

Got home, pulled out the cocoa, pulled the curtains to the side and wishing I had a fire place.

I'm tickled to death about the White Christmas part. That don't happen often.......YIPPEE!!!!

Just hope that my kids don't go looking for reindeer tracks in the snow Sat..morn. HEHE
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:35 pm
BAH HUMBUG!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:52 pm
Cloudy, windy and colder with rain mixing with, possibly changing to snow, accumulating 3-6 inches
High 40° F
Maximum RealFeel® 35° F
RealFeel Shade® 35° F
Winds NNE at 8 mph
Wind Gusts 23 mph
Maximum UV 1
Thunderstorm Probability 22%
Amount of Precipitation 0.52 in
Amount of Rain 0.06 in
Amount of Snow 4.9 in
Hours of Precipitation 9
Hours of Rain 3
Accupop™

Wish I had thought about it earlier, I'd taken a pic! HEHEHEHEHEHE
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:36 am
makemeshiver, you said you made Cornbread........I really like it, can't find a recipe here in the UK that tastes like the cornbread in USA.....have you got a recipe (not in cups). I'd be so grateful! Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:45 am
I love corn bread as well !!!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:47 am
mmmmmmmmmmmm, Americans make great Cornbread....have you got a recipe Your Magesty? Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:57 am
Nah Sad
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:59 am
Bet we'll get one here! Do you cook? Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:03 am
Love it
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:27 pm
Yes, I have a recipe, but I don't measure....haha

But lets see if I can kinda help out.

I use a bowl thats about quart size.
Fill it about 1/4 way full with cornmeal.
I prefer white self-rising.
Then add the rest of dry ingredients.

Flour~~~~ about 2 heaping tblsps.
Sugar~~about 2 heaping tblsps.
Salt~~ pinch

Then stir in one egg.

Then I add buttermilk. You want to make it kinda "soupy" with it. But don't stir it too much.

I use a cast iron skillet. Heat up bacon drippings, about 1/8 inch deep in the skillet. Pour a few tablespoons into your mix. Pour over into hot grease and bake. I use a hot oven, about 375-400 and let her bump till the top starts to brown.

Waaa laaa......
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 12:28 am
Why thanks makemeshiver! I've printed it off. Do you use 'fine' cornmeal? Is there any substetute for buttermik?....it's hard to get here. :wink:
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:56 pm
Texas got crazy amounts of snow too!! Very Happy
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:38 pm
Smorgs...love the new name!

I have never paid any attention to whether its fine or not. To me, cornmeal is cornmeal, just prefer white to yellow. Yellow makes it more grainy and dry. So..I guess yes, it is fine then.

Buttemilk....you can use regular milk if thats all you have to choose from.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ITs SNOWING!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:23:05