Could he be turned off by a delayed email reply?

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 04:12 pm
I’ve been emailing with a man for some time now, that I briefly met on a skiing holiday. It has gradually shifted from friendship to something subtly more romantic. For a while, we emailed each other almost daily. Then, I got this really intimate email where he straight out said that he can see himself in a relationship with me. I’ve just come out of a long term relationship and I needed to think if I was truly ready for a new relationship. So I managed to use 6(!) full days to respond. In my reply I explained the situation, apologized for making him wait, and openly admitted to having feelings for him too. But now, I have this fear that I might have ruined everything, by waiting so long to reply?! He usually replies within a day, but has not replied in two days now.. I'm so afraid I might have offended him. What do you think, could I potentially have spoilt it by waiting this long to reply to him? Do you think I will hear back from him eventually?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 218 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 06:12 pm
@Annaivana,
If it takes that little to ruin it, then it wasn't much to begin with.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 08:06 pm
@jespah,
I remember having a pen pal in highschool, up in Michigan. We were more than just friends I think. Waiting 6-7 days for a reply, when you wait that long your reply carries some weight. We are so spoiled by the instant gratification of the internet.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Could he be turned off by a delayed email reply?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:24:08