Bluetooth speaker with many users

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 08:06 am
I would like to know if it is possible to have a public bluetooth speaker, that people that pass by can stop and connect to and play their own music.
The user must actively connect to the speaker. The speaker should open up for the next user automatically or with the press of a button.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 175 • Replies: 2
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 09:32 am
Sure. My wife and I share the Bluetooth sound system in her car. It doesn't connect automatically, though. One has to connect a device to the car's Bluetooth sound system. If one device is already connected, it has to be disconnected to be able to connect another one instead. It would create problems if various devices could connect automatically at the same time.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2017 09:47 am
@Lioncour,
All portable Bluetooth speakers are open if a password to connect isn't being used.

Quote:
The speaker should open up for the next user automatically or with the press of a button.

You need to think about software here. Each new person using the speaker can step on the past one and play their own music before the present playing song before it ends and play their music right then.

Think of using Spotify where many users can add to an ongoing playlist.

If this is a business where you considering this idea... please note that someone might play something unsavory (explicit lyrics, whatever).
0 Replies