Online dating => Meet up => Ghosted??? :S

icey95

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 05:27 pm
Apologies if this post is slightly on the longer side but I need advice to move on more than anything.

-

I can’t remember where I met this guy online but it must have been from Tinder or Grindr or something and eventually we must have added eachother on Snapchat. Months down the line, i forget who this guy is in my Snapchat friends list and i ask who he is and we get talking again. We spent like a week talking on Snapchat and he was telling me how beautiful and stunning i am and always watching my stories and commenting on it.
When it came to the meet up, he asked whether Tuesday was alright which i responded was fine but we always talked quite a bit despite his busy work schedule. He was then in the park sorting out something (because he was part of the team that organised one of the half marathans/10k runs) which happened on the weekend. He then asked if i wanted to meet him in the park which i accepted and i went to the park to meet him.

I was incredibly nervous as it was my first ever date to someone I was head over heels for and never had this feeling towards anyone else He shook my hand which I thought was fine and I couldn’t stop smiling because I was so happy we finally met. He said “Let’s walk down the path and around the river” so we did. We were talking about the half marathon planning he was doing and I asked him about what his role was and he explained etc… he then asked me about the Tough Mudder which I did the day before and we chatted from that. After, he asked what clubs I go to and if I drink often which I responded truthfully and we were pretty similar on every question he asked or vice versa when I asked. We were walking fairly average pace walk and he smiled from time to time but the eye contact wasn’t exactly there…I would say it was almost a normal kinda interaction (in hindsight). As we were walking back to the meeting point I asked him what he was going to do after and he said work as he really needed to catch up especially as he had volunteered over the weekend and the Monday for the running event. The walk lasted for around 10 minutes.

He then turned around and said “Well, it was nice meeting you” and I wasn’t sure whether he was going to hug me or not (I kinda was waiting for him to) but he shook my hand instead which I didn’t mind but my friend said that’s the sign that you’re not going to meet again. (Apparently)

When we were walking away from eachother, I looked back at him but he didn’t look back at me until I said “Hope you don’t get a worse flu than you’ve got” as he said before the date that he had a bad cold from the day before (not sure if this is totally truthful, mind you, he WAS in a jacket). I then grabbed my phone 15 seconds later and snapchatted him “You could have at least gave me a hug, cheapskate 😉 😉 “ and he replied 5 minutes later with “Oh sorry *hands over face emoji* ”

Something in my gut was telling me that something wasn’t quite right…I think the handshake did it. So I asked over snapchat “Am I still your type?” which he responded “It’s difficult because I’m not out” and then said “I am not sure I am ready for this yet” so I got even more confused as I thought the date genuinely went well? (Mind, the more I think about it, the more I think it wasn’t actually that good? Might be over thinking it). So I basically said “Is Saturday off then?” which he replied “Yeah, sorry” and I just didn’t take that as an answer because it just didn’t make sense. I then asked if I looked different on snapchat than I did in real life in which he didn’t reply to that and he pretty much ghosted 90% of the things I said. I was so hurt it was unreal because I genuinely liked him. [Ghosting is seeing the message and not replying]

Now, days after, I can’t stop thinking about him. I wrote him a long-ass message saying basically that I am going to delete him from Snapchat and Facebook temporarily until he can figure out in his own mind what he wants but when I readded him back in order to see if he replied to that initial message, around 2 minutes later he blocks me on Snapchat.

I just want to move on and forget the date ever happened but I am seriously struggling to. Any tips on how to move on? From your third person perspective, was the date really that bad from what you’ve read or am I completely oblivious to the fact that I was not his type? But if i was not his type, why on earth was I his type on snapchat (I didn't put 50 filters in to make myself look like Tom Daley) and when we met, he was no longer interested? I just don't get it.

Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 336 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 05:35 pm
@icey95,
You didn't have a date.

You met someone.

You both need time to figure out if there might be a date in the future.

Relax and cut back on the drama.

Keep on with your life.

Maybe he'll be in touch. Maybe he won't. Maybe there will be a date. Maybe not.

RELAX - don't bombard him with communication.

Seriously - cut back on the drama - it can scare people when they're first meeting.
icey95

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 05:42 pm
@ehBeth,
If I did bombard him with communication a little on the day of the meeting, any ideas or tips on how to kinda fix it? Or would you recommend to just leave it? I was thinking maybe leave it for a week or two and maybe then message him on another social media? ...or would you not even recommend that?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 05:47 pm
@icey95,
Definitely hold back on contact for a bit. Leave it with him for 10 - 14 days. Then check in casually.

It can be super-exciting to meet people we're interested in, but we have to be cautious about the danger of bowling them over with enthusiasm.

0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 07:30 pm
@icey95,
I think a question worth asking future guys is if they are "out" (it's crazy that gay folks have to worry about being out or not). If they aren't, you might think twice before trying to engage in what would be a secret relationship.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Online dating => Meet up => Ghosted??? :S
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:08:46