where do you go for a good steak?

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 12:20 am
Every carnivore has a favorite restaurant to get a juicy, delicious steak...where and what is yours?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 841 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 01:15 pm
@visceral,
My kitchen. Our local Sam's Club offers "American Kobe", which is a bit misleading, but still really good...fantastic marbling. Liberal quantities of salt and pepper, sear it off on both sides, in goes the butter, ladle the butter over the top while finishing to the desired doneness. 10-12 oz ribeye, my favorite, takes no more than 4-5 minutes to mid-rare.

Yum
hightor

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 06:47 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
Quote:
Yum

You said it!

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:05 pm
When I was in Buffalo Wyoming the night before the eclipse, we had a choice of the Bozeman Steakhouse and the Winchester Steakhouse.

People who were traveling with me feared that Winchester rifle decour would set me off on embarrassing long-winded rants about how the 1873 was NOT the gun that won the west, so we ended up at the Bozeman Steakhouse, which was obviously themed around the ill-fated trail.

When we were just approaching Buffalo on the freeway, we all got a laugh from the amusing sign "Crazy Woman Canyon Road". This was followed quickly by "Crazy Woman Canyon". So when I saw it on the menu I just had to try their "Crazy Woman Steak". The restaurant also sold books about who "Crazy Woman" was, but the books were something like $30 and I wasn't quite that curious.

I'm no steak connoisseur but I was surprised at how tender and juicy the steak was.

The next day heading to the eclipse and then heading back, we crossed over the middle and south branches of the "Crazy Woman River". Clearly whoever this person was, she had a big impact on the area.
visceral

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 01:31 pm
@oralloy,
Interesting story!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 03:46 pm
@oralloy,
They probably called her Crazy Woman because she had too many cats.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 06:00 pm
where do you go for a good steak?

The fridge.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » where do you go for a good steak?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:50:29