Bodies in the great wall of china

satt fs

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
I have not seen real sized replicas. But there could be one. The replica in my room is a small replica of "bowman."
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:21 pm
Where did you guys find or see those miniature replicas? Where are they made?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:23 pm
I have found them in shops here in austin. One named Tesoros. They are online .. you could check and see if they ship items???
The minatures are about 20-50 dollars. Very heavy and well done. As for where they are produced?
Im clueless.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:44 pm
Mine is made near Xian, China, with the similar soil of the original. I bought it through a Chinese seller.

I do not know whether the following offers good ones or not, but for your information..
terra_cotta_army
0 Replies

lady161

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 06:14 pm
Bodies in the Great Wall of China
I know that this rumor/theory about workers' bodies in the Great Wall has been in (American) books for years but I do not believe it -- I am sure that supervisors of the time wd/ have bene willing to save time and do it but:
- never seen any arch. support
- never heard of any primary source support (and the chinese wrote everything down)
- putting a mass of organic matter like that makes no sense structurally, and they were very careful in building a stable. long-lasting wall.

I remember reading this in some more modern book - but I do not have the reference now so I can not "prove" it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:30 pm
lady161--

Welcome to A2K.

Isn't part of the Great Wall rubble?
0 Replies