chances of HIV

patty71

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 03:19 pm
I had unprotected play with another man around 7/25. He rubbed his penis around my anus and slid it in about half way a 2-3 times, but I asked him to stop and he did immediately. Anyway, broke out with herpes on my penis and possibly rectum about a week later. My bum and lips have had a unnoticeable rash but itchy (Chafe) for the last 5 weeks. I had a full panel of std tests on 9/2 (39 days), HSV2 pos, HIV neg (ELISA I think by Kaiser). My partner had a HIV test on 9/8 (at least 46 days or more?? after he might have contacted HIV from another) His was Negative also. Neither of us show any symptoms except I feel like I have thrush. I plan on getting rechecked in another week, I was told 4th gen from the std clinic is 98% after 3 weeks and Id be at 8 weeks. I think my risk is low, but I still have a hard time thinking of anything else, what do you think? I think my odds are low, but having trouble to sleep and stop stressing. what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 274 • Replies: 2
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 03:38 pm
Counselling.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 03:43 pm
@patty71,
I am not a doctor. But it sounds to me that you have almost no chance of having HIV. You had a negative test. Your partner had a negative test. HIV is actually very hard to get in a single encounter... it is very unlikely to contract even if you had unprotected sex with someone who you know is HIV positive.

There is a reason that we have doctors, you should listen to them. I assume that you have already talked to the doctor about the HSV result (if not, please do).

I think the problem is mental... the stress you are feeling sounds awful. Have you considered getting psychotherapy? Being able to talk to a therapist might very helpful in dealing with the stress.

My best advise is to see a therapist. Many people have found talk therapy to be very helpful in dealing with this type of stress.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » chances of HIV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:57:39