Regarding an observation by Slappy Doo Hoo.

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:36 pm
Quote:
Random. People are good. Friday my car got hit in a parking lot, the guy left his number on my window.

That was a statement by Slappy I stumbled across on Kicky's infamous "How long can you make my thread" (or something like that)

Anyways, Slappy's statement reminded me of something I used to do in my drinking days.

I was continuously running into parked cars. Just a nasty habit I somehow required. I didn't have a problem with the moving ones, just the ones harmlessly sitting.

So, I'd hit the parked car and usually there was a good- sized crowd of people that were attracted by the noise. (you know how they are -- nosy bastards!) I'd get out of my car and walk over to the damaged car, pull out a piece of paper and pen, write a note, and place it under the windshield wiper.

The crowd, satisfied that I had done the right thing by leaving my phone number and insurance information, dispersed quietlly, presumably off to battle more injustice.

Little did they know the note, in actuality, read, There's a crowd of people watching me write this note on the hood of your car. They think I'm leaving my name and number.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to use that old trick.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 366 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:42 pm
DAMN YOU GUS! it cost me 1200 dollars to fix the damages you caused me!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:44 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:47 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Little did they know the note, in actuality, read, There's a crowd of people watching me write this note on the hood of your car. They think I'm leaving my name and number.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to use that old trick.

You're not; it's old. I think I first read about it in one of my grandmother's old copies of Readers Digest.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:49 pm
great tag line Cinnesthesia
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
Thanks, Seed. Darkwing is the sexiest and wittiest male cartoon character ever.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 04:45 pm
We did it differently in my younger days: after some bar hopping with my girlfriends, we put on some 20 cars a note that read somewhat like this: "While parking next to you, I accidently scraped your car. I'm utterly sorry for the mishap and will, of course, pay for all the damages. Please call me at xxxxxxxxx"

The phone number was always from an disgruntled ex-boyfriend. http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/frech/1235.gif
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Regarding an observation by Slappy Doo Hoo.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.54 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 05:54:06