Do you ever give away Christmas presents? Why not?

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:07 pm
Here's the deal: Every Christmas, like clockwork, this woman in town bakes me a friggin' sheetcake. I'm not quite sure how to describe it but it looks a bit like one of the cakes you see in grocery store display cases. You know, the ones for birthdays and graduations. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of those cakes and so right now, across town, my garbage man is sitting at the table with his wife, sipping a cup of coffee, and saying in a disgruntled voice, "Friggin' Ratzenhofer gave me a cake again this year. Every year he gives me that stupid piece of crap cake. Why not a bottle of whiskey or some cash. I DON'T WANT ANY MORE FOCKIN' CAKE!!!!!"

His wife reaches across the table, pats his arm, and says, "Now, now, dear.... it's Christmas. Ratzenhofer is just trying to spread some Christmas joy. He means you no harm."

So, does anyone here pull any stunts like that?

It's a good way to save some cash.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 412 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:11 pm
I once got a battery powered ball that rolled itself around... I gave it to the neighbors dog.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:14 pm
i have done the very orginal pass the fruit cake... but only once... and i got a gift back two years after i gave it to a friend
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:14 pm
I once received a Thai whore, prepaid for a month. Found out it had a penis, so I sent it over to my good friend.

By the way, how did it work out for you, Gus?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:23 pm
It worked fine, Slappy. I made it into a tablelamp.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:45 pm
I have, but never as a "re-gift" and tried to pass it as my own. I basically have given some things that I thought some one else could use more than me or would go better with their decor. I come right out and say, I received this as a gift, but cannot use it, could you?

I did, however, once receive I gift for my wedding that was a re-gift. I know, because when I opened the gift there was a card in it that said, "Congratulations, Dick and Jane." Dick and Jane were the ones who gave us the gift and we had recently been to their wedding.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 04:16 pm
The best one, is when you spend hours hand making something and the next month you are at a trash and treasure market and see it on sale for $1.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you ever give away Christmas presents? Why not?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:53:32