Setanta's Annual Bah, Humbug ! ! !

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 01:55 pm
About the hat, you'd have to ask the girl--the puppie, Miss Cleo, ain't talkin' . . .

A Christmas Carol[/b], Charles Dickens
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 01:57 pm
You're so sweet! I'll be reading that tonight - I'm going to actually do some work for a while here...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
To Our Dear Margo: Do you have any Ukranian customs for the holiday season you could describe for us? Special foods, perhaps . . . mmmmmmmmm . . . special foods . . .

You've done it too, Setanta! Confusing Ms margo with msolga! Laughing (farmerman has a similar habit.) Even though we both hail from Oz, margo is the cat woman from Sydney who speaks not one word of Ukrainian to my knowledge. (Though it would be a very amusing thing to see! Razz ) Msolga (me) is the cat woman from Melbourne with the Ukrainian peasant ancestors.
OK, I won't take it personally. <sniff> Merry Christmas! Enjoy the shops! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:36 pm
but now that the lad's got your attention, msOlga - come on over and bring your recipes!

cultural treats
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:15 pm
I just returned from a quick tturn in canadiana, it was shittty in (place name here). Cold wett slushy winds off Lab.
Msolga, I only did that once. My wife is knitting me a Lvovian Orange scarf.

I wish I could get an orange haat or scarf for my avatar of the General
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
You did it TWICE, farmerman! I'm keeping count! Twisted Evil Laughing

So you're going to scare the cows at Christmas in your pro-democracy Ukrainian scarf? (Oh god, the idea of a scarf is so hideous right now! It's climbing rapidly to 38 C here in Melbourne! A scorcher!)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:33 pm
It was a baalmy -7 in Rimouski
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:41 pm
That's cold!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:20 pm
hence the scarf
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
I've spent some time in Rimouski.
A whole summer once, in a total immersion French program.
Nice community, but I wouldn't want to be exposed to the winds on the Gaspe this time of year.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 12:45 am
msolga wrote:
You've done it too, Setanta! Confusing Ms margo with msolga! Laughing (farmerman has a similar habit.) Even though we both hail from Oz, margo is the cat woman from Sydney who speaks not one word of Ukrainian to my knowledge. (Though it would be a very amusing thing to see! Razz ) Msolga (me) is the cat woman from Melbourne with the Ukrainian peasant ancestors.
OK, I won't take it personally. <sniff> Merry Christmas! Enjoy the shops! :wink:

Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa . . .

I'm so very sorry, Miss Olga, although i did remember who the one Ukrainian witch i knew was, even if i flubbed the name . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:07 am
Hmmm ... OK then. But don't make a habit of this, Setanta, as it really, really upsets margo! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:12 am
and what was the lad doing awake at 1:45 a.m.

i need him rested ! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:15 am
For the big shopping spree, ehBeth?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:17 am
Oh, & Setanta, if you do ever do it again I'm going hex you with one of my Ukranian witchy women spells! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:49 am
Nawwwwww - he doesn't need to go shopping with me, msOlga. We'll be with the hamburgers, and hamburger is the best shopper - he trained me well.

mrs. hamburger, setanta and the doggies can stay at the house, drink coffee and read.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 01:37 pm
Them doggies is hyper enough without lettin' 'em lay around the house drinkin' coffee . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 01:41 pm
They're both snoozing right now.

They're saving their energy for Monday. I told them.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 01:48 pm
msolga wrote:
Hmmm ... OK then. But don't make a habit of this, Setanta, as it really, really upsets margo! :wink:

Settle down! I'm much too lazy to get upset! (Unless you're that ignorant idiot who keeps blathering about Oz gun laws!)

and just you wait, Olga - after a few drinks, I'm sure Ukranian isn't beyond me! (well, English is, but other languages, who knows!)

I told someone the other day I was fluent in Swedish - they were right impressed, until I told them I only knew 2 words, but I was fluent in both of them!

Setanta - good to see you out and about - even as the Christmas grouch.

Merry Christmas.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 06:22 pm
margo wrote:
msolga wrote:
..and just you wait, Olga - after a few drinks, I'm sure Ukranian isn't beyond me! (well, English is, but other languages, who knows!)

Ooooooooooh! Very Happy Anticipating, anticipating ... Do you know the Volga Boat Song, margo? Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 05:22:41