may all your wishes come true
(and a few more), and lots
of luck in the year to come.

All the best wishes! http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/party/party17.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:33 am
Happy happy birthday, Piffka!

http://superflorist.verizonsupersite.com/nss-folder/pictures/birthday_flowers.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:40 am
Happy Birthday, Piffka! I think I know you well enough to realize that you've always wanted a pony for your birthday, but for whatever reason were never able to obtain one. I'm working on it. Soon, you will have that pony you have so long desired.

There's a kid in the neighborhood, goes by the name of Timmy Chuggins, and he has a hell of a nice pony. I've told my buddy, Sam Gorski, to dress up like a cop and arrest the kid and impound the pony.

Then, while the kid rots in jail, I'll package up the pony and send it to you.

I sure hope Sam can pull this off....

http://clinton3.nara.gov/WH/glimpse/families/images/pony.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 04:46 pm
Oh, I'm so sorry, Diane and everyone. Late again. Embarrassed Thanks for your greetings and good wishes. I wish I'd been around to enjoy this on the day -- Diane told me she "mentioned" my birthday -- I didn't realize
she meant a thread. (((Diane)))

Gus -- I love the pony! You must have read my mind!! He'll be a little buddy for Pearl. He looks like he could give her a run for her money, too.

Sozobe -- Thanks for the flowers. I love that color, I think that's a flower that is spectacular in ultra-violet light, too. You're so clever!

Campanula in Ultra-Violet Light

Thanks, Calamity Jane. I'm sure glad you've joined the a2k posse. ;)You're fun!

Gautam -- My favorite banker! Hugs, handsome.

Satt -- Thanks... what an amazing hat! Very Happy

Deb -- Thanks. I wish I did, too. Rolling Eyes We were sick and it was not so good, but I have high hopes for the rest of the week.

Dagmaraka -- Good advice, thanks, I will!

Panzade -- Whew -- that's an image to sweep a girl off her feet!

Seed -- Thank you and I'd like to say, I'm glad to see you've become an a2ker extraordinaire!

Joe -- lovely singing, Thank you!

Piff (another year older) Ka
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:01 pm
So, you gonna tell us how you spent your day?
Dinner? dancing? Hot bath with wine and chocolate?
Friends?...

( by the way.. im late.. but happy b-day. ;-) )
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
Eva --- Beautiful, as usual, Eva. Thanks for the card!

Merry Andrew -- Thanks, Andy. Gee whiz, now I wish I had been born on the 16th. Does this mean that Beethoven's talent is never going to pass down to me? Darn it. I was wondering when it would happen.

Occom Bill -- Thank you... it was such a good surprise that I missed it. Embarrassed Love the graphics.

Noddy -- Thanks, sweetie! I never even knew I had a dominion, 'til I met you!

Letty -- Thanks, Letty, for mentioning this on another thread or I might never have caught on. (I'm getting slow in my old age.) I'm not much of a one for Hallmark either. Very Happy

Olga -- (((Olga))) Thanks for the good wishes!

Husker -- The sweetest, biggest guy I know. Thanks!

Edgar -- Thanks... just a simple sentiment from you seems perfect.

Aggie -- Beautiful flowers, thank you! (What? No poem!)

Diane -- What can I say? I'm so sorry that I didn't see this thread 'til now. (I am SUCH a dolt.) I really appreciate the gesture and I wish I could have been here on the day and gloried in it all. It's awfully nice to read all the sweet things people say though. Thanks loads.

http://www3.telus.net/DonBerger/images/light_roses_t.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:52 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
So, you gonna tell us how you spent your day?
Dinner? dancing? Hot bath with wine and chocolate?
Friends?...

( by the way.. im late.. but happy b-day. ;-) )

Thanks, shewolf! At least I can answer you in a timely way.

Uhhh, I woke early and went downstairs to a strange sound. It was my nearly-grown son, retching... something he continued to do for most of the day. So I spent most of my birthday handing out Pepto-Bismal and cold compresses. Later, I (who like many, can't stand that sound of retching) began to feel ill myself, so I hied myself back to bed where I slept for about four more hours. There was a hot bath, but still we cancelled our plans for the show we were going to see and later, we decided it would be best to cancel our plans for dinner in the tatami room of the local Japanese retaurant, too.

I still don't feel quite right, but we have to keep keeping on 'til we drop, right? So I've been up and running even though my throat is sore, my eyes are burning and my head aches. Saturday, I ran a concert at the library. I pretended they were playing for my birthday... but no Beethoven -- it was Debussy & Britten & Salzado. Sunday, we finally acquired our Christmas tree... trees, two of 'em. They gave us a deal we couldn't refuse and I thought it would be a shame for the little tree to go to the shredder without ever being loved as a Tannenbaum. Right now they are standing together and look cute, I think -- one is ceiling height, one is about my height. They've got their lights on and we're just getting ready to put up the decorations. That's what happens when you've got a birthday in December, it's nicest to wait until after the birthday to put up the tree, then there's a huge rush to get them up so we can enjoy them in their virginal pre-Christmas day state.

All in all, it's been a good birthday. Cool
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:12:27