Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 10:46 pm
So, I am a freshman in college now. I have started my road of freedom and one of the greatest experiences of my life. I have been at my university for less than a month and I have met this beautiful girl or rather she met me.
I was playing this nerdy card game called Force of Will with some new college buddies of mine. We had bought a large booster box of cards and were all opening our packs and cleaning up for the night when this beautiful girl with freckles, short curly hair, and a slim figure comes up to us. She asks us if we were playing said game and to my surprise, she knew exactly what we were doing. Not that girls can't play this game, it's just totally unexpected. Anyways, my friends and I add her to GroupMe, a social app that is frequently used on campus, talk for a bit and head our separate ways.
The next day, we go to one of the many places to eat. We get our main dish and then her and I go to get some smoothies and then meet with the rest of the guys. She offers me a sip of hers and then I mine. When we go to pay, I offered and paid for her meal.
The next week, her, one of my friends and myself go to a limited showing of Castle in the Sky ( a Studio Ghibli film) and whilst in the theater, she leans her head on my shoulder about 85% of the movie. After it was over, I drove us back to school and said nothing of it.
The following day, we text for a bit and then she falls off the map and I haven't heard or seen her in 3 days. I sent maybe one text a day inviting her to events with our group but still nothing.
I am incredibly confused because everything seemed like it was going so well! Not at a terribly fast pace, but quite balanced. How should I perceive this? Should I call her? Should I just wait for her? I just have no clue. I would really appreciate the help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,832 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 12:17 am
@IJustDontKnow,
I really tried to think of another way to say this. You should have made your move at the movie. It's not too late for the future. You said you invited her to events with your group. Maybe ( really, I'd say probably ) she just wanted to be with you. Yes. Call her. Ask her if there is any movie that she would like to see.
IJustDontKnow

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 12:33 am
@Ponderer,
I do appreciate your response! I would also like to ask you as well as everyone else whether they are male or female simply because I know which perspective they are coming from. Thanks!
Ponderer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 01:28 am
@IJustDontKnow,
I'll tell you who gave you the advice. When I was in high school, there was a kind of off-road, woodsy local gathering spot. A football-hero type approached me and asked if I would watch his date while he went to get beer with his buddies. I took her out in the woods and kissed her. Ah. The good ol' days.
roger

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 01:33 am
@Ponderer,
Okay, if you won't tell, was the hero's date female?
Ponderer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 02:30 am
@roger,
That's too funny. I had already laughed enough at the memory. Oh no. Now I just remembered a cheerleader I met when I worked at a drive-in. I'm goin' for a cruise.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 04:15 am
@IJustDontKnow,
She sounds like a dream.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 05:22 am
@IJustDontKnow,
If you were writing a movie for Creative Writing and needed the next scene , that's cool. Just put me in the credits and talk to my manager about some lettuce.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 06:40 am
"I drove us back to school and said nothing of it."

I'm a female and would have thought that you were dense and non expressive. Geez! You didn't even say "I liked that when you leaned your head over. Are you busy tomorrow?"

Don't try to develop a relationship thru texts.

Don't you know where she lives?

IJustDontKnow

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 11:38 am
@PUNKEY,
I guess I thought of it as inappropriate because there were 3 of us and it wasn't exactly a date
0 Replies

IJustDontKnow

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 11:51 am
@PUNKEY,
but I totally see your point
0 Replies

IJustDontKnow

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 10:58 pm
Good news! I have heard back from her and we have been hanging out again with all of our friends. She is definitely more fidgety than before and does seem to pay me more attention. This is perfect! I think that I am going to just be open and honest with her if I see her within the next day or so.
Ponderer

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 09:50 am
@IJustDontKnow,
That is great to hear. She was showing you at the movie who she is to you. Just show her that you are happy that that is who she is.
I still say that being alone with her is the only way you can give her your undivided attention. Maybe some day you can let her read what you wrote about her. You're a lucky guy.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 09:54 am
@IJustDontKnow,
Have you called or texted her to invite her to spend some time alone with you? invite her for a tea/coffee - just the two of you. Make it clear it is you inviting her - no one else will be with you.
IJustDontKnow

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 09:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Actually, Yes I have! We are supposed to see It today, but I think that it got overheard by other people and is becoming a group thing -_-
0 Replies

IJustDontKnow

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 11:17 am
@Ponderer,
one of the few downsides is that she is terrible at communication. She doesn't even recognize that she has text messages days later.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 01:16 pm
@IJustDontKnow,
Touch says more than words.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 01:47 pm
@IJustDontKnow,
I know what you mean. My sister can send three mssgs while I'm trying to peck out one answer. I have found messages that disappeared. ( scrolled out of sight )
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reading The Signs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:56:21