Get an English name.

Junjie

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 04:25 am
My Chinese name is Tang Junjie,and I wanna an English name based on my Chinese name Junjie. Can you guys help me? It would be better if I can get a very special and creative name. And when you give me a name, can you also please tell me what that means? Thanks a lot
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 927 • Replies: 24
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 06:35 am
@Junjie,
Do you know what your name means in English? That might help.

I take it your name sounds like June, which is not just a calendar month. It's also a woman's name although you don't hear it too much these days. Other (probably) similar sounding names are Julia and Juliet, or maybe Joni.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:33 am
@Junjie,
Junjie wrote:
It would be better if I can get a very special and creative name.

you want to be cautious about this. where would you be using your creative name?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:36 am
@Junjie,
The name Junjie is of Chinese origin.
The meaning of Junjie is "handsome and outstanding".

Junjie is generally used as a boy's name.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:39 am
The name Alan is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Alan is: Harmony, stone, or noble. Also fair, handsome. Originally a saint's name, it was reintroduced to Britain during the Norman Conquest, remained popular throughout the Middle Ages, and was revived in the 19th century.

____

Al, Allan, Alan, Allen are common variants

Not so unusual that people will think you made it up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:42 am
@Junjie,
I knew someone who needed to get a Chinese name because they were at university over there. They chose a Chinese name that meant the same as their English name.

You could do that or choose some that sounds like your name. It would be easier if you told us your gender but off the top of my head,

Tang, Tasmin, Tamsin, (female) Tom, Stan (male)

Junjie, Julie, Julia, Judy, (female) Julian, John (male)

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 10:13 am
@Junjie,
JUJY
http://www.therefrigerator.net/features/food/images/jujifruits.jpg
ascribbler

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 12:35 am
@Junjie,
By George, I think I may have an answer.
centrox

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 04:29 am
In Britain, I daresay elsewhere, years ago, people from other cultures used to feel obliged to adopt "English" sounding names in order to "fit in". Often they chose local common names that sound a bit like their native name - I worked with an Indian fellow in the 1970s who made everyone call him "Sam". His surname was Samant. I felt then, and stil do now, that it is unfair and demeaning to expect people to do this. As Britain has become multicultural that tendency is dying out. People should be proud of their proper names.

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 09:41 am
@ehBeth,
Oh, oops. My apologies to Junjie.

Somewhat similar-sounding English men's names are Judd, George, and John.
Ponderer

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 03:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Love it. Sounds real sweet.
0 Replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 05:09 am
@Junjie,
Candy (female)
Gunner (male)
Both are loosely based in the name 'Junjie'
0 Replies

Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 04:59 am
@ehBeth,
When I study abroad for communicate with native English speak. Since Chinese is difficult so I think an English name would be more convennient. And I want it based on my Chinese name
0 Replies

Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 05:01 am
@izzythepush,
Ohh sorry, I forgot to offer more information. I'm a girl in college . And I'm very outgoing
0 Replies

Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 05:03 am
@ascribbler,
George ??
0 Replies

Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 05:04 am
@jespah,
I'm a girl😊😊😊
Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 05:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
What's the meaning of this nameπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Junjie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 05:36 am
@jespah,
Jun means a beautiful bowlder or jade. And Jie means king's beautiful imperial concubine in ancient days. And Junjie sounds the same as another words in Chinese which means great and excellent man. But that words usually used as a male name.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 06:20 am
@Junjie,
Then go with what I first suggested (June, etc.).
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 12:47 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

In Britain, I daresay elsewhere, years ago, people from other cultures used to feel obliged to adopt "English" sounding names in order to "fit in". Often they chose local common names that sound a bit like their native name - I worked with an Indian fellow in the 1970s who made everyone call him "Sam". His surname was Samant. I felt then, and stil do now, that it is unfair and demeaning to expect people to do this. As Britain has become multicultural that tendency is dying out. People should be proud of their proper names.

in the 19th century, American Jewish males seemed to be given German first names (Maximilliam for example), because German Jews were the "elite" of Jews. Then came the Balfour Declaration, and American Jewish males started getting "English" names, to the point that many non-Jews think that Stanley, Irving, Harold, Harry are Jewish names. I believe that Balfour Declaration really cemented the Anglophile tendency for many American Jews. If other posters do not know what the Balfour Declararation is they can look it up.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Get an English name.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:47:34