Mystery Diagnosis

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 08:07 pm
My sister, 33, has been admitted to the hospital for extreme pain, headache muscle weakness and seizure like activity She has been dealing with this pain, lack of mobility and migraine headaches for 3 years but in the last week she has started having seizures in which her limbs become ridgid, she has to be held down, she moans and cries in pain and her head feels like it will explode. Each episode lasts about 30-45 minutes and she experiences between 5 and 10 each day. They somewhat lesson the pain with intravenous med school but the head pain has been increasing especially over and behind her left eye. Her arms and legs sometimes shake uncontrollably even when she's not having a seizure. Brain cat scan and eeg found no abnormalities. The doctors are stumped and I just want to provide her relief. She desperately needs a diagnosis and treatment plan. Can anyone help us with this puzzling mystery?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 181 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 08:29 pm
@marisabarkley88,
We are just people here. Some are quite smart, but not all-knowing.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 09:54 am
@marisabarkley88,
Contact the New York Times (I'm not kidding) and see about contacting Lisa Sanders, MD.
This is one of her more recent columns: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/well/live/think-like-a-doctor-the-builders-blisters-solved.html

Her column is about medical mysteries. I cannot guarantee she will be interested, but that would be worth a shot.

Or get your sister in to see a neurologist who specializes in seizure disorders.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 07:46 pm
I'm not a doctor but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Its my considered opinion the Doctors are doing the best they can and there is nothing me or my colleagues here a a2k would do better than your sister's current medical team.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mystery Diagnosis
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:39:08