Just stop eating! New digestive disorders.

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:44 am
A lot of Americans are desperately searching for food they can eat without becoming sick. They're my new tribe.

New digestive disorders are emerging, some brave doctors are challenging the antiquated (and likely corrupted) 'food pyramid', and charges are being leveled against scientists who publish questionable results of studies that promote foods or food-managing companies.

I was totally unaware of what was making me sick a few years ago. I was feeling increasingly fatigued and weak. After I came very close to passing out at work, I consulted my doctor, and was diagnosed with a couple of disorders I'd never heard of. When I moved away from that town, and started screening doctors in my area, the first four *had not heard* of my digestive disorders. Not too confidence-inducing.

I'm sitting in my den, drinking my morning coffee, on the fourth day of a liquid fast, deciding if I'll eat today.

My tummy feels so good right now. And for some reason, I wanted to share this journey in case some poor, desperate, sick person might make a series of clicks looking for answers.

I'm, thankfully, hooked in to several communities of people who've developed the same "food allergies" I have. I've found a "Dr. Guru" who is on the job and kicking bad doctor ass in the media--who is right about what is making so many people sick. This guy saved the quality of my life. When I was told I had Fructose Malabsorption, and most fruit was off-limits to me- tacked on to Leaky Gut Syndrome that dictated anything containing bread, wheat, sugar etc was attacking my stomach lining which caused a pretty extensive array of potentially life-threatening results, I was left in an unenviable position. I thought 'an apple a day was supposed to keep the doctor away, not make me sick.

So, I'm just grateful to be armed with the information I need to avoid the more dangerous results of eating 90% of food most people can eat. I was totally unaware of what was happening to me, and for a few really awful months, I watched my body fall apart with no idea how to stop it.

I wondered if anyone here is suffering with the same digestive symptoms, hence this thread.

I thought it might be a public service to share information. Here are symptoms associated with the cluster of new digestive disorders:

Arthritis, fatigue, stomach bloating and discomfort after meals.

Those are classic symptoms for so many illnesses, but if your doctor's treatments don't get results, you may want to look into Fructose Malabsorption and Leaky Gut Syndrome.

Decided to have a Cauliflower Pizza!!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 505 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 09:07 am
http://media.gundrymd.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/GMD-MatrixDiet-1.jpg
Here's the new food pyramid.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 09:15 am
http://theceliacmd.com/2013/02/fructose-malabsorption-is-is-the-cause-of-my-tummy-troubles/
Info about Fructose Malabsorption.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 09:19 am
Hadn't seen this before. A layman-friendly explanation of Leaky Gut. (Not a very sexy term, eh?)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/688951
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 09:26 am
Thanks for these articles. They make some interesting points.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:31 pm
@Lash,
And remember, no gluten, cause that's trendy now!
Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:36 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
Yeah, this is just all a trend. Nobody's sick or anything. Haha, what fun pretending gluten intolerance is a thing, right?!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 08:00 pm
Gluten can be serious, for some. Jon, rockhead, faced a life or death situation, before he discovered gluten to be the culprit with him. Prior, he thought he had Crohn's disease.
Lash

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 08:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks. I didn't have the strength.

tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 07:38 pm
@Lash,
I was just poking fun at the trendy gluten free crowd. I have a good friend with a major gluten allergy, so I understand that for some it is serious business.

Next time I'll make sure the sarcasm comes through a little better Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just stop eating! New digestive disorders.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:03:43