What is God?

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 10:19 am
"God is the Supreme Intelligence-First Cause of all things."

God is eternal. If He had a beginning, He must either have sprung from nothing, or have been created by some being anterior to Himself. It Is thus mat, step by step, we arrive at the idea of infinity and eternity.
God is unchangeable. If He were subject to change, the laws which rule the universe would have no stability.
God is immaterial, that is to say, that His nature differs from every-thing that we call matter, or otherwise. He would not be unchangeable, for He would be subject to the transformations of matter.
God is unique. If there were several Gods, there would be neither unity of plan nor unity of power in the ordaining of the universe.
God is all-powerful because He is unique. If He did not possess sovereign power, there would be something more powerful, or no less powerful, than Himself. He would not have created all things and those which He had not created would be the work of another God.
God is sovereignty just and good. The providential wisdom of the divine laws Is revealed as clearly In the smallest things as In the greatest and this wisdom renders it impossible to doubt either His justice or His goodness.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 238 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 11:58 am
@exalosinanos,
Quote:
It Is thu...we arrive at the idea of infinity and eternity.
Well put, Ex

By makin' me miss the 's,' She's reminding me that I might even be smarter tomorrow, Thu

Quote:
God is unchangeable
Disagree, Nano. She's in continuous state of flux

Quote:
God is immaterial
The apodictical existential pantheist disagrees, maintaining that She is It/All, material and non-. in accordance with the general idea that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else

Quote:
God is all-powerful because He is unique
She might be unique but not 'all powerful,' since her activities are limited only to the possible, the impossible being 'can't be done'

Quote:
God is sovereignty just and good
She's also all the rest
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 12:14 pm
@exalosinanos,
Question posed and answer given. Why did you bother posting it?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm
@TomTomBinks,
'Ts okay Tom, gives The Compulsive Blab (me) a chance to let off
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is God?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/29/2024 at 04:52:15