Stick-on bras, musical chestnuts and other musings.

Ceili

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
So last night, I'm getting ready to go to my work Christmas party. I had the perfect dress and shoes. Delicate, pointy, squared toed mules, crossed with straps mid foot in the same muted black as the dress a ¾ length backless slip dress with a slightly droopy, halter neckline tied with two pink sashes.
Now as you can imagine, you have to be creative when wearing a dress like this. You can't wear the conventional bra. I asked around. Word on the street was, stick-ons worked, at least that was what they had heard from a friend who wore them once. So I purchased black c cups and went on my merry way.
Tonight's the night and I'm standing in front of a mirror, my hair is up in rollers, make-up's done, and I'm trying to put the double-sided tape on the little cuppies and failing badly. I finally manage to get the first one on, I took a look in the mirror to examine my handy work. Now, maybe, just maybe, I'm not as big as I thought I was, or maybe the gargantuan black prow attached to my chest was someone's idea of generosity. The cup stuck out at an odd 45 degree angle, my breast resembled an ice cream sundae, so I though I'd trim a little off here, and a little there, and by god, the more I cut the more angles there were. 'Til finally I stuck out, completely unnaturally and then I tenderly removed the offending restraint.
Now, what was a girl to do?
I have never gone braless, not even to the grocery store. So last night, the girls went free. The weather was cold and the banquet room wasn't much warmer and the girls stood at attention most of the night. It was kind of liberating.
I had stipulated, because of the bounce factor, I would do no polkas and damn if they didn't play Rah, Rah, Rasputin by Boney M. And I got to thinking; there are songs that have a life of their own at weddings, work functions, bar/t mitzvahs, everybody knows them, but you never hear them anyplace else… these chestnuts are the old dj-in-a-box standards. And do wedding singers sing the same old tunes everywhere or are there regional favourites?

Anny whooo! the food was terrible but I had a blast.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,435 • Replies: 59
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
and honestly..
you sounded like you looked wonderful.Bra or no bra.
Ohhhh yes... it is liberating when you have the pointer sisters dancing in your clothes because they have nothing on either.
Who cares what anyone says. Braless is comfortable, fashoinable and down right reasonable.
I mean..we were not BORN wearing bras! So why wear one now?
;-)

> cheers <
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:49 pm
Ceili--

Perhaps the old chestnuts are to encourage the unfettered bounce?

Bottom line--you had a good time and you've started examining several corners of the universe that weren't visible before.

New year coming...new world arriving? Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:56 pm
right on. i tried the stick-on bra once, and failed just as miserable and went commando.luckily the dress had a double cloth up front, so it wasn't all that visible. i was very self-aware though and I LOVE to dance, had to be a bit restrained that night. it takes learning i hear to get'em to stick right.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:02 pm
Party hats make the best of times. Bests all the angst the world offers. There's nothing more beautiful that a woman in bloom.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:49 pm
Damn, dys, she couldn't make the cuppie things stick, so what's she supposed to use with the party hats - superglue?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 07:34 am
Those banana peel things are useless.
Packing tape works.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 08:08 am
I will NEVER again use a stick on bra...They are created by the devil himself.....here's my story....

My wedding dress was pretty much backless, with the dress covering to just above the tattoo on the small of my back. I loved this dress and didn't consider (as any married woman will attest) any factors once I saw this dress on. Had to be mine. This was the dress. Well, no bra would work with this dress. So....my seamstress sewed in a bra. PERFECT! Until I got sick and ended up losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks...the 2 weeks before my wedding and after my final fitting. Well, horror of horrors, my wedding dress was too big a few days before my wedding. My boobs bounced around and it was just uncomfortable so....there was obviously not enough time to have it altered again. I had to think fast. Stick on bra! Yes! The perfect solution! Well, I painstakingly applied the bra around 3pm the day of the wedding. It wasn't as easy as I thought (as you well know) but I managed to get them on! The day progressed into the night and around 11p I decided that I wanted them off. I was getting itchy. So I went into the bathroom and began to remove them. My skin was red and irritated by the things and it hurt to take them off, so with the Band-Aid theory, I ripped the first one off, and then the second. There was a burning and stinging between my boobs and when I looked down, I saw that the skin had blistered. I literally had ripped my skin up! Talk about owie! Shocked I had to pop the blisters and of course it scabbed over all nasty and I couldn't wear my bikini in Las Vegas.

BEWARE OF THE STICKY BRA....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 08:42 am
Wow... and here I thought that I would try these sticky bras????
Funny thing.. they dont make them in my size.. ?
I think i will pass on them though. I dont want my girls hurt !!!!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:35 am
Thanks everyone.

We had quite the discussion about stick-ons at the party. Just about everyone(women) who joined in on the night long subject du jour had similar tales as Kristie and I. Shocked (yeouch!) Dagmar, yes luckily my dress was two-ply as well. Do they play many polkas where you live? bounce bounce, bounce bounce
and repeat

Shewolf, trust me, I was too big for the massive cups, they don't defy gravity all that well. I think I'll liberate the girls more often, it was kinda fun. Twisted Evil

Noddy, if I don't say it often enough, here and in the future, You are a wonderful person. I have been pushing the boundaries a little recently. I rather enjoy it. It's funny but my dominion is held and expanding, it just might explode. Very Happy

Ah Beth, Packing tape??? Wouldn't that be all krinkly?
It's funny, all night women were telling me their stories. You wouldn't believe how many women told me tales of duct tape. I did it once, but used a ton of kleenex, it still hurt like a SOB to get it off.

dys, that was almost lovely. :wink: Very Happy

roger...perish the thought. Imagine that, a permant madonna clown like bra attached to my chest. Confused Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:37 am
I tried duct tape. No thanks.

Packing tape has worked well for me a couple of times. No crinkle. It molds quite nicely with body heat.

Now I just make sure my dress accomodates some kind of undergarment.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:41 am
does duct tape work for bigger women?
My pointer sisters are not petite. .. hehe. But that sounds like a REALLLY cool idea.

How should I say it..

My girl's got back...
HAHAHHAHHAHHA:lol:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:42 am
When I am walking down the street and people see my tits, they think they are some kind of new shoe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:44 am
Ever seen the banana peels they claim will work on C-cups, shewolfnm? Take a look at packing tape and duct tape - they're built for a different type of load. :wink:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:44 am
sheeesh, duct tape's gotta hurt!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:45 am
Shocked

goooooood point......
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:50 am
Now THAT made me laugh out loud. Thanks Ceili.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:51 am
Hm, I have used those flesh colored thingies for the
nipples only. It doesn't work that well either though,
yet better than nothing. I still use them, when I wear
something with a thin fabric.

I'm too chicken for duct tape. My threshold for pain is Zero.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:54 am
The nipple covers are a different thing from the press-on bras, Calamity Jane. Or at least the ones I've tried have been. I've gone to errrrr, big children's bandages for nipple covers. They're easier to remove than standard bandages - and generally handy to have in the house.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
K, so I'm definatly gonna have to try the packing tape. Are there any special precautionary pre-taping manoevers or steps one should take first?

Cause I hate pain, waxing just about killed me too.
Man, the silly things we women do eh!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Stick-on bras, musical chestnuts and other musings.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 06:48:42