Help trying to connect 2 lights and 2 switches with 14/2 wire power source is light 1

Chunkz

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:32 pm
I need help.
I added a second light to a room, ran the 14/2 wire from new the new light to switch box. However I came to find out, that the power source seems to be from the already installed light.
Here is what I am trying to do, I am trying to make these 2 lights work with its respective switch. Basically I have power in light one, which is carried to the switch box with the wire for the respective switch. now I want to connect the second light to the power in the switch and also put another switch to work with light 2. Is this possible? Help, please

Summary
* Light 1 is power source
* Switch 1 can operate Light 1 no problem
* Light2 has cable 14/2 ran to the same box where switch 1 is
* Want to give life to light 2
* Want to install second switch beside switch one to control light 2

Help and THANK you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 157 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 10:36 am
@Chunkz,
Quote:
the power source seems to be from the already installed light
Chunk, as esl of course we forgive. But you hafta clarify 'cuz doesn't make sense

Each?
Quote:
with its respective switch

Unk, if I take your q literally I hafta assume there are a pair of wires stickin' out of the wall near the existing switch, bringin' power back from the first light, an unusual way of doin' things, but if that's the case, all you hafta do is the obvious, connect switch 'tween

I'm assumin' tho, that the wires comin' from light 1 can handle both lights. And I'm sure you're aware that switch 1 will now handle both lights.......

Eng, fellas, can we help this poor guy

Oops, q = question; hafta = have to; Unk = Chunkz; ...n' = ...ng; 'tween = between; fellas = fellows [meaning the restaya]; Eng = one of our part.p's,very smart about these things

Sorry...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help trying to connect 2 lights and 2 switches with 14/2 wire power source is light 1
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.11 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:08:09