Background Noise ( subliminal advertising )

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm
How many American companies have used the word "hate" in a T.V. commercial?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 375 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 08:42 am
@Ponderer,
None, if they want to continue advertising in the US. The broadcaster could lose their license with the FCC. Not even a slew of Super Bowl ads will make up for the revenue lost if the FCC license is yanked.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/laws-subliminal-marketing-69892.html
Ponderer

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:13 am
@jespah,
What I meant by "subliminal " ( "under the threshold ") is the fact that people (despite desperate attempts by advertisers) don't really pay attention to commercials.
This is a partial list. I started a list ( before Columbine, which I think is significant) because I thought there would be a list.
A.T.&T., Budweiser , Sprint, 1-800 Collect, Southwestern Bell, Shake and Bake, Rogaine, Ford, Denny's, Burger King, Revlon, Panteen, PMS Escape, Cepecol, On Star, Electrasol, Ameritrade, Mitsubishi ( * ) , Electrasol ( 2 ads )
( "I hate it when I open the dishwasher..." /
"I hate leftovers. " )
( * ) not American company
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:27 am
@jespah,
These were all on an old sheet of paper. ( broadcast within 1-2 years ( ? )
0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 07:29 pm
Your sense is very sharp about this. I don't watch many advertisements promote American products, actually I don't pay much attention to any adverts, so I cannot address to the topic directly.

But I'm interested in the issue you raise. As I know, none of the words in commericals are inadvertent or off hand. They hire psychologists to study the common psychology of the (certain target) consumers, and deliberately arouse the sensory reactions with the pictures and words. I don't figure why "hate" is applied there you mentioned.

When it comes to background noise, you might hear about a piece of Music named Black Friday by a French artist, and it was reportedly that hundreds of people committed suicide after listening to the music. Unfortunately the music is not available in the world any more. I'm really very interested in listening to it.

And this reminds me of another story about subliminal suggestion. I just searched the relevant report from the Internet.

Quote:
Subliminal Messages

In this case, however, lawyers for the plaintiffs argue that the young men were driven to shoot themselves by the subliminal messages the musicians placed in the music, such as ''Let's be dead'' and ''Do it.'' Though he has yet to decide whether the Judas Priest recordings had such material, Judge Jerry Carr Whitehead has ruled that such subliminal messages were not a form of speech and therefore were not covered by First Amendment protections.

Source:
2 Families Sue Heavy-Metal Band As Having Driven Sons to Suicide, New York Times.

This is called embedded commands.

PS. If you are interested in, I would like to share and discuss with you more about embedded commands or subliminal message. I'm not sure you want, becasuse they are not directly relevant to your topic.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Background Noise ( subliminal advertising )
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 05:31:47