The most beautiful female image in oil painting

eve55

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 07:40 pm
There are a great many female images appeared in oil paintings. Have you found some oil paintings unforgettable?
To begin with, I'm going to share my cherish one.
Lady Godiva
Ok, there goes the story:

Lady Godiva was an 11th century noblewoman married to Leofric, the powerful Earl of Mercia and Lord of Coventry.
Godiva was troubled by the crippling taxes Leofric had levied on the citizens of Coventry.
After she repeatedly asked him to lessen the burden, Leofric quipped that he would lower taxes only if she rode naked on horseback through the center of town.
To Leofric's absolute surprise, she agreed, once she had ensured that she actually had his "permission" to do so.
Determined to help the public, Godiva stripped off her clothes, climbed on her horse and galloped through the market square with only her long flowing hair to cover herself.
Before leaving, she ordered the people of Coventry to remain inside their homes and not peek,
but one man, named Tom, couldn’t resist opening his window to get an eyeful.
Upon doing so, this “Peeping Tom” was struck blind.
After finishing her naked ride, Godiva confronted her husband and demanded that he hold up his end of the bargain.
True to his word, Leofric reduced the people’s debts.

Many people doubt the truth of the story, but I don't care about whether it is true or make up.
It did not affect my love for this picture even leave aside the story.
After all, I like this painting just because it is beautiful and the female image is beautiful.

I don't know much about oil painting, so I'd like to hear your voices.
Share with us the one you prefer. Why not let us catch a glimpse of her look?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 306 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » The most beautiful female image in oil painting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 06:33:22