Im 16 almost 17 and I need away from my parents

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 01:08 am
I'm a 16 yr old girl I turn 17 in a month my parents smoke weed and neither of my parents have a job. I'm a junior in highschool and i have a job interview coming up my step dad has choked me before when he was drinking what do I do? I dont want to go to a foster home or anything . I want to live with my 34 yr old brother can someone please help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 334 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 01:36 am
@Browneyes4,
I wish I could help, but if someone comes along, it would be useful to give your country. If it's the US, the state might be useful to the right person.

I do wish you good luck. It sounds like a serious, if not dangerous, situation.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 05:50 am
@Browneyes4,
The good news is that you only have to survive a year. Once you turn 18, you are legally an adult. Can you lay low for another year?

That being said, it sounds like you were raised in a difficult situation. You should try to find resources to help you to be happy and healthy as you change into adulthood. This is something that you might be able to do now. You don't want to do something that will make you unsafe or unhappy.

Do you have counseling resources available at school? A counselor may be able to point you to places that you can get help. Many of us have found that talk therapy helps a lot to get help through difficult family situations (and it sounds like this may apply to you)... a big part of it is learning how to be happy once you get out of an unhappy environment.

Again, I don't think you need to worry about foster care, unless you want to... it may seem like a lot, but a single year is not that much time out of your life. You can make it.

I do hope that you can get help, and that you can get yourself into a good place where you have the resources to start your adult life. The key is to learn to be healthy and to take care of yourself.

My advice is to find yourself some good counseling resources, either through school or through an social service agency. Your doctor may also be able to help.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 07:11 am
@Browneyes4,
Is it possible to talk to your parents about this? They may not be opposed to you moving in with your brother. Consider the practical of course. Does your brother want you to move in? If you did, could you still get to school and work easily?
What do you think would happen if you just moved without permission?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Im 16 almost 17 and I need away from my parents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:28:26