Spray on Tans

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 08:22 pm
I am the whitest person I know. I'm pale and freckly. Most of my body, sans the face and hands, haven't seen the sun for awhile or at all. I burn terribly easily.

Now, my christmas party is next week and I don't want to scare the locals. I bought a backless, little black dress with a hot pink tie (around the neck) and a pair of hot pink, pointy, slutty shoes.
So I was wondering if anyone here has ever done the spray on tan thing. Will I be orange if I do it? I'm not interested in fake and bake. I don't have the time nor the energy but I would like a little colour?
Any comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,311 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 08:30 pm
My son (the rock drummer) has a day job designing the nozzles used in the spray-tan system. He says it's about as natural looking as if you laid out in the Florida sun for six weeks or so.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 08:35 pm
Ceili, buy a good quality tan-in-the-bottle. And, use a foam rather than a spray - they say those streak less. Try the product on your stomach (some part that won't show while wearing the dress) as a test before slathering your whole body. Oh, and I think the tanners come in a range of darknesses, don't go too dark.

That's my 5 cents.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 08:40 pm
Hey, Gypsy. Be careful with your face. That tan in a bottle stuff doesn't do well as it tends to get darker in the creases. Ever go to a tanning salon?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:02 pm
dont make tthe mistake of just dabbing around the eyes. My daughter wound up looking like a very cute racoon
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
And be sure you leave some bathing suit tan lines.

Men like those, and otherwise, you'll be laughingly pointed out as sporting a 'harvest moon'.

(Depending, of course, on how many people will be seeing you naked.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:35 pm
The method she is talking about is the one where you get in a booth-like chamber and the tanning nozzles revolve around your semi-nakedness.
(Bikinis are the usual. Sometimes just the bottoms.) Small goggles protect your eyes and you self apply the finishing touchs yourself.

You look toasty.

Joe
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:38 pm
Ceili, I have had some friends do it. I liked the color they had gotten. It looked nice and actually looked like they had been in the tanning bed. Nice and tan. I would do it........

Umm, the only reason I haven't is because I do use the tanning bed.......but if I didn't, I would definetly do the spray on. Just don't let them talk you into being sprayed twice....I have a cousin that was talked into it, all you could see was the whites of her eyes and her white/blonde hair..LMAO
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:42 pm
Ceili, just be sure to go with the lightest shade. It is too tempting to want to be the tan you've always admired on your friends--forget it, be realistic and you will look wonderful.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:56 pm
Letty, no worries - I should have been clearer. I would never trust my self with a bottle of dye. lol

Ta Joe,

I laughed as I pictured your daughter, farmer...poor girl.

P...I'm a little to modest to go completly bare, then again....

Shiver - I burn so easily, I don't think I'd ever venture under the lights, but if the look is comparable then I'm up to the challenge.

Oh no worries there Diane, I can't imagine the reactions I'd get if I walked in with Mexico like tan. I just want a wee bit of colour, you know, so I don't glow-in-the-dark underneath the black lights.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 09:59 pm
It looked comparable to me.

But if you have time, I'd do the tanning bed. You just have to limit your time under the lights. Just start out at a few minutes (2-5) and work your way up. You'll have color before you know and don't have to worry about it coming off. Even though I don't believe any of these girls have had that problem with the spray on. But the tan in the bottle will rub off.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 10:01 pm
Noooo, don't advise for tanning beds! It's not healthy.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 10:14 pm
I don't care if I have colour for too long. Up here, you stick out like a sore thumb with a fake tan. At least at this time of year.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:38 am
I agree with littlek, stay away from the UV lights.

If you use the do-it-yourself stuff make sure you read the directions and especially use moisturizer on knees, elbows, etc. It soaks into the dry skin there and dyes it a darker color.

I've seen the salon spray-on stuff and it looks good.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
I've been thinking about trying the spray-on, too, Ceili. I'm another one of those glow-in-the-dark whiteys. (Are you English/Irish, too?) I've never even gotten much color from tanning beds...even after 2-3 months. Just once, I'd like to go to the beach with a little color.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
You bet Eva, Dad's a brit and me mam's Irish.

I read once, somewhere, there are 6 skin types.
One is specially set aside for the irish. But I'd imagine most ancestral brits and celts would fall under the same catagory.

Our skin is thin, no poking fun at us if you please...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:11 pm
Celi, they have a thing at tanning salons where you stand in a booth, and you get blasted all over with a tan spray that stays on for a few days. That way it's on even.

I know a chick that did this once, it looked pretty good.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
That's what I'm talking about slappy, but kudo's on getting the obvious. LOL
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:36 pm
Damn!

I'll never attempt to give women advice again on things like this.

I thought you meant the spray-ons you buy in a bottle.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
No darlin', that's too much work.
I don't trust myself to get all my 2000 parts even.
I'm afraid I would look like a calico cat.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Spray on Tans
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 01:03:22