3

Can we talk about spoilers? Are they crimes against cinemanity?

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 11:04 am
Bernie Madoff's pyramid scheme that cost many investors billions of dollars? ((Did that question need a spoiler tag?)) Are they parallel with the likes of the Holocaust?

What's the grace period when a spoiler simply becomes common knowledge/basic trivia that everyone should already know about?

#spoilerwarning for the following video.

2  
Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 11:09 am
I saw someone responding in a Star Trek group this month (as in July of 2017) saying they were going to watch Star Trek Enterprise and they didn't want any spoilers.

Its last air date for new episodes was May 13.

Of 2005.

1  
Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 11:19 am
@jespah,
To be honest, I still haven't seen the last season of Enterprise. Part of which, I was kind of influenced by the negative criticism held against that final season.

I really enjoyed the other seasons but not enough to tackle ... what I dreaded to be a possible broken, anticlimactic final season. That said, the fact that the final season consists of a time travelling story arc (or so I read) does possible spoilers cause a dangerous time paradox or am I overthinking it?

1  
Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:08 pm
Game of Thrones airs in the US a day before it's shown here. I'm very careful to avoid any GoT groups on Mondays.

ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:12 pm
Hey, I don't even read the back cover pages of various novels. I want my own experience.

1  
Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 05:41 pm

I love spoilers. I enjoy a story *more* if I am already aware of everything that will happen. I just can't stand being in suspense.

I am respectful of others though and try not to ruin their experience with spoilers.

2. » Can we talk about spoilers? Are they crimes against cinemanity?