What should I do...?

lunachi

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 07:42 am
Long post ahead. I enjoyed writing it. Smile

A guy i've been classmates with for 3 year, a guy I have a crush on the moment we played a game together on the first day, but later on, became casual, no feelings whatsoever. Never talk to each other, other than group related project subjects.
We both were never interested in each other. I would never have thought that he would fall for me, 3 months in a new environment, new school, not classmates but we have the same Private Study set together.

It all started when I noticed that he waited for me by the shadows, the other side of the road, when he saw I was the last one to go home during our class reunion. It was late at night and I thought, oh, how nice of him. Ever since then, he started to to exist more and more in my life.

With one of his friend always hinting towards him whenever i'm around, teasing him when i'm near him. During those time he would always smile shyly and maintain his coolness.

He is shy, he doesn't talk much, and has a poker face anywhere- the only time he'd smile or laugh or anything is when he's with his friends- I could not guess his expressions.

We have PS together and we're always in the library, I wouldn't say we sit with each other, more like it's either he's on the table in front of us, or a table near us where he would always face my way. He's always in my line of sight, everywhere that I go, he's always there. I could sense his presence.
In the library, he would always have his bag on my bag, or near my bag. It's always like that- after PS we would be packing and he'll always be next to me when that happens.

One time I overheard a conversation, among him and his friends. We were in an event where hes sitting with his group of friends and I sat with mine, both facing each other.
I wasn't talking to anyone that time and I heard his friend saying something like "oh yeah, (his name) and this girl--- her nickname, library girl right? blah blah"
I couldn't get the rest but I definitely heard that one.
At that moment, I was sure. I'm pretty sure that girl was me.
Considering the fact that he looked at me when my friends had this group photo.. both looking away afterwards but ended up looking at each other again.

We're both 17. I'm very shy, I don't talk to lots of people- especially boys. I have my own circle and so does he. I admit, i'm pretty hard to approach, however, if he talks to me, I would not mind that at all. (In fact, I literally talk to anyone that talks to me- I don't ignore anyone at all). I don't know why, I feel like theres this thing where people think that shy people won't talk to you back or something like no, I would be more than happy to talk to you. I'm just shy, to make the first move, thats all. I guess thats the problem though, he's shy too, so it all ends down to either me or him, to initiate the first conversation.

I want to talk to him, but at the same time I feel like it might not be a good idea. Maybe he'll lose interest in me then, if he finds out that I might be too... different than what he expected. or something.

I just don't get why he would fall for me. I don't think i'm beautiful or anything, but it's not like I look bad either. I'm pretty ok. But I just don't get it. Why now? He's going to move to a new school this August (where theres lots of pretty, and very very social people there). Why would he like me when he's about to go away? Why would he appear in my life- make me feel something and just disappear?
Why is he doing this to me...?

Is it selfish of me, for wanting him all for myself but at the same, would not want to be with him?
No reason why, I just had a mindset that I might find someone better in the future - which I think is unhealthy but, I don't really know what I want.

It's not like I don't like him, but I'm just not ready for anything serious.

Please give me your thoughts. I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance. If you have any questions about me or him, I'll gladly answer!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 481 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 08:06 am
Don't overthink this. Just start out being friends and go from there.

Time will tell if there's something more.

Don't let friends run this relationship. Don't listen to what others say. Communicate with this guy yourself.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 08:18 am
@lunachi,
Quote:
but I'm just not ready for anything serious.
So I'm not getting the problem. You are not ready for anything serious and this does not seem to be heading in the direction of serious. You never talk (
Quote:
Never talk to each other, other than group related project subjects.
), you never sit with each other, and he is going to be moving to another school. You seem to think he has a thing for you based almost solely on a snippet of conversation you overheard and the belief that he looked at you during a photo shoot of you and some girl friends. (Maybe he was looking at the girl next to you?) Oh yeah, and he is always next to you when packing his bag to leave PS. I'm betting that everyone puts their bags in roughly the same area, so of course he is near/next to you. Doesn't mean a thing.

Bottom line, whether he moves to a new school or not, relationships get started when two people begin to talk to each other. Unless one of you decides to start talking, friendship is impossible, much less a serious relationship.

What you need to figure out before anything else is exactly what you want the relationship with him to be. Acquaintances? Friends? Or whatever. Then one of you needs to get over the shyness and approach the other and just start talking. Whatever the relationship will be will develop from there.
lunachi

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 08:36 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you, I realized being friends is a good choice for now
0 Replies

lunachi

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 08:42 am
@CoastalRat,
Thank you, I felt that I know what I wanted to do after making this post and hearing the replies I get, and as for now I think being friends would be a good choice for now. I thought that us being in a relationship would be out of the question, so I wouldn't want to touch on that topic for now.

I'll talk to him soon, by that I mean, texting first. Depending on what reaction I get, i'll see what kind of things i'll want to pursue with him.

It's either we stop talking completely, more than friends, or becoming friends that talks about each other problems (deep, life topics and such- much like this guy I only started being friends with after he moved. I guess it'll end the same with this one. Probably.

Thanks again.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 09:40 am
@lunachi,
lunachi wrote:
I'll talk to him soon, by that I mean, texting first.

talking to him means talking -not texting

you won't learn anything by texting

talk to him - in person , face to face
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 09:50 am
@lunachi,
lunachi wrote:
I just don't get why he would fall for me.

Why now? He's going to move to a new school this August

Why is he doing this to me...?

1. you don't know that he has fallen for you - you are interpreting his behaviour in a way you like

2. he's moving in a few weeks, so if you want to get to know him at all - you have to talk to him now

3. he is not doing anything to you - you're doing this to you

__

if you're interested in him, talk to him - that means talking in person
lunachi

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 10:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I'm planning to text him first as a way of approaching, and then proceed to talk to him in real life the next day. This is usually my way of making friends with someone. I know it's probably dumb or something, but it works.
0 Replies

lunachi

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 10:55 pm
@ehBeth,
1. I agree, I should stop doing that.

2. I will.

3. Yeah, I shouldn't have think about it too much in the first place

Thank you by the way, will do that
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What should I do...?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:28:52