0

This is the frist time I have written an essay. Would you please notice me the mistakes? Many thanks

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 08:06 pm
In about 300 words, describe one thing you would like to see changed or improved in your own country

I live in Vietnam - a country in Southeast Asia - where the quality of education is not as good as other countries. This issue comes from many causes, but the most affect cause is the education policy of Ministry of Education and Training is not appropriate in the current socio-economic context. For example, my country's education policy has many limitations: the unrealistic lessons and curriculums; significant discrepancies between theoretical hours and practical hours; the lack of facilities for teaching and learning; the "quantity" not "quality" trainings. As a result, labour market has surplus human resources with low skills and lack of high quality human resources. Many graduates fail to find a job each year while recruiters can not recruit the human resources. The cause of this situation is due to the education policy is unreasonable, has not kept up with social trends. Resolving this issue I would like to see education policy in my country changed in the near future.

Education plays an important role which motivates the country's economy to develop. Looking back on the development path of education, in the past decades, Vietnam's education has significantly contributed to raising people's intellectual standards, has gained a lot of achievements. But it seems like we rested on our laurels too long. Actually in many seminars, almost every problem has been analyzed, pointed out the right wrong but the strange thing is that it was not a change that made. The limitations have made us backward compared to others countries in the region. Singapore - a country in Southeast Asia, has been honored as one of the best country for studying in the world, Vietnam is still a place where nobody thinks of. Futhermore, the future of a country depends on the youth. But now the young human resources haven't been tapped into their maximum potential. Change the education policy before it's too late.