America invents the sausage roll

centrox

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:36 pm
Widespread mockery on social media after Trader Joe's claimed to have invented a new summer snack that looks suspiciously like a sausage roll. Trader Joe's has called it the "Puff Dog". Los Angeles-based lifestyle website Hello Giggles said it was "genius". However, the UK Daily Mirror was less impressed. "Sausage roll given ridiculous new name," read its headline today. Although other European countries also have a centuries-old fondness for meat wrapped in pastry, the UK has made the sausage roll its own. Greggs sells more than 2.5 million of them every week.It is typically a pork sausage wrapped in puff pastry, although the Puff Dog has opted to use beef.
https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1696/production/_96628750_57868-puff-dogs.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 563 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm
Around here, some kolaches look a lot like that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 01:15 am
@centrox,
I saw that on the BBC. Can't say I'm surprised. They have sausages wrapped in hard pastry that they call pigs in blankets, as opposed to wrapping them in bacon which is what we call pigs in blankets, but this is the first time it's dawned on them to use puff pastry.

I don't use Greggs anymore btw, not since I found out the heir to the Greggs fortune is a nonce.

We've got a lovely independent pie shop in Shirley who do the very best sausage rolls.

https://www.yell.com/static/image/afecde33-d8a7-4ed7-b286-9d24fe0bd2db_image_jpeg

Btw those sausage rolls look ****.
roger

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 01:20 am
@izzythepush,
Sausage wrapped in bacon? Why didn't I think of that?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 02:06 am
@roger,
You just did. Now it's your invention.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 07:06 am
@centrox,

Plagiarism is the best form of flattery? Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » America invents the sausage roll
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:01:49