MORE ON UNDERLYING CAUSE OF IMPENDING IRAQ WAR

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 06:50 pm
I have not seen this exact take on it elsewhere.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0301/S00151.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,124 • Replies: 25
No top replies

au1929

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 06:53 pm
Check the link. It can't be found.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 06:53 pm
edgar, can't get to the site.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 07:02 pm
I fixed it.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:02 am
Great reference articles in the bottom of this great study. It's indeed all about keeping the dollar on top of the economic hierarchy. As if there should be one...
Can't we all just live together for christ's sake.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:09 am
I managed to read the article. All its contents seems rather speculative than confirmed by any facts. The author searches for possible reasonsm, and allegedly finds it. He might have searched in another place, and find something else. I do not deny that oil may have significance, but it is one of the reasons for Iraqi campaign, and not mandatory the main one.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:25 am
would you seriously argue that the attack on iraq is for your SAFETY?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:50 am
Not only mine. I do not know your nationality, but if you are an American/Canadian/Australian or a European, then for your security as well. I believe it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:03 am
http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,892112,00.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:06 am
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/Glick_56.wmv

http://www.disinfo.com/pages/article/id3119/pg1/
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 08:51 am
This son of a 9/11 victim is a courageous man. I feel inspired to continue his anger.

So Steissd: forget it. We will not be brainwashed by cold war rhetoric shifting scare mongering from the communists to the islamists & Iraq. We've outgrown and outsmarted this trick (Taliban, Baath, Noriega, Pinochet, Shah of Iran... were all US backed), and we are very well aware of the links between intelligence consortiums and the so-called al qaeda terrorists. Everyone with a brain and a pc is aware of the links between cia, isi, and Taliban. Al qaeda isn't very far.

So if you and all the other awol hardwingers are looking for excuses to invade Middle Eastern countries, you should know that this hypocrisy is very whimpish. No conqueror has ever constructed so much artificial lies to achieve his goals. I say to the Bush regime: at least be a man and just conquer; keep some honour in not having to lie continually, nor try to be respected by te world opinion. If you wanna rule, just rule.

Since the 9/11-lie, the US is in the hands of first pedigree lying chickenhawks who couldn't care less for American values.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:23 am
OK, there's one point I've got to address. I'm Australian, 37 years old, and I can't remember there ever being a terrorist attack in our country (Bali IS in Indonesia). The Hilton Hotel in Sydney was bombed in 1975-I don't know if that was terrorism or a simple criminal/extortion act. I don't believe the truth about that incident has ever come out. But personally I have NEVER considered terrorism a part of my life in this country, and I keep hearing people talk about protecting my security when I've never felt it at risk in the first place. At least I hadn't until John Howard decided to follow George Jnr down the road of lunacy.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:31 am
Where's the LINK?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:43 am
Americans are now worrying about the place and date of the next terrorist attack in the US.

I suspect it will be on the East coast again. I doubt that any of these activities will ever happen in either Idaho or Montana. These might be good states to move to , if you're afraid.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:43 am
Tres,

Port cities are especially vulnerable. They are our major interface with foriegn countries, and container cargo is almost impossible to screen entirely. Attacks at port facilities could cripple trade, and do wide damage to the urban areas surrounding the ports.

There are some awefully good targets on the east coast, but the west coast may be less obvious. Los Angeles/Long Beach harbors handle huge amounts of traffic and L.A. is emblematic of American Culture to much of the world. San Franciso, and Seattle would also be inviting targets.

Significant efforts are being made to protect our ports, but terrorists only have to succeed once to do great damage. I agree that locations in the interior with low population densities and low-priority targets are probably safer than prime targets that are relatively easy to reach.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:25 pm
Wilso wrote:
OK, there's one point I've got to address. I'm Australian, 37 years old, and I can't remember there ever being a terrorist attack in our country (Bali IS in Indonesia). The Hilton Hotel in Sydney was bombed in 1975-I don't know if that was terrorism or a simple criminal/extortion act. I don't believe the truth about that incident has ever come out. But personally I have NEVER considered terrorism a part of my life in this country, and I keep hearing people talk about protecting my security when I've never felt it at risk in the first place. At least I hadn't until John Howard decided to follow George Jnr down the road of lunacy.

Mr. Wilso, I sincerely wish Australia to remain a quiet place, free of terror. I am even interested in this personally, since I am in process of application for immigration there. In fact, I wish any country to be a quiet and free of terror place.
But this will be an error to consider that decision of Mr. John Howard to support the USA changed anything in terrorists' attitudes.
Kenya has never been involved in any of the anti-terror campaigns. Despite of this, two major terror attacks occurred on her territory: one against the U.S. Embassy, and another against the hotel owned by Israeli businessman. In both cases number of Kenyan casualties exceeded number of casualties among the citizens of the countries that were targets of attack. Unlike U.S. or Israeli armies, terrorists do not take care to minimize or avoid (if possible) the collateral damage. Lives of Kenyans that were not involved in the "Holy War" on the either side were not taken into consideration.
It is impossible to say that any country is protected from terror attack by definition. But it is possible to protect them by means of fighting terror planners and sponsors without mercy.
That is why, I am convinced that the U.S. military operation is intended to provide both my security and yours.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:58 pm
Was that O'Reilly interview an example of how such things are conducted in the American news - or a wild aberration?

Was O'Reilly disciplined for his grossly unprofessional behaviour?

THIS is the land of free speech?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:04 pm
dlowan: this in certainly not atypical of Mr O'reilly, he is a prime talking head bought and paid for by Rupert Murdoch. (sound familiar?)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:43 pm
Sadly yes - a purveyor of trash to the world.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:48 pm
Which the world eagerly consumes, nothing daunted . . .
0 Replies