What is the all time WORST television series of all time?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:50 am
@glitterbag,
My preteen daughter thinks that Benny Hill is funny (I showed her a few clips because of this thread). But we are raising her to be confident, open and strong... I think girls of an earlier age were protected in a way that didn't allow them to have a sense of humor.

I don't think girls need to be protected from popular culture any more than boys do.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:55 am
Many years ago, I thought Benny Hill was funny, but not now.

I watched Laugh In when it was new, but the reruns are awful.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 06:18 am
@edgarblythe,
Some of these bad shows are only funny at a specific stage of life. I have never outgrown Monty Python and my daughter loves them too. The great ahows work at all levels.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, seems like all those late 60's early 70's sketch comedies (Flip Wilson, Hee Haw, Carol Burnett...) lose their tickle over time.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:17 am
@snood,
I haven't seen Flip Wilson show since it first aired, but I thought he was very funny at the time.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:23 am
Big Voice American Survivor Brother Masterchef Idol Housewife Gladiators Who Think They Can Dance (or something like that)

also Big Bang Theory
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 09:10 am
@tsarstepan,
Anything on MTV or in the reality genre.
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 11:09 am
My mother the car
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 11:17 am
There is a cooking show called 'The Chew' that makes me run for the remote, I hate it. Well, I can watch it on mute, but the chefs voices drive me over the edge.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:39 pm
So many to choose from.

The '60s gave us several, including O.K. Crackerby (with Burl Ives of all people), The Ugliest Girl In Town (to win a woman the guy goes to England and poses as a woman)

About 88% of the current glop on television. Would also be in the running.
centrox

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 03:42 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
with Burl Ives of all people

In Hell they will be playing "The Ugly Bug Ball" on repeat.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:16 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Sturgis wrote:
with Burl Ives of all people

In Hell they will be playing "The Ugly Bug Ball" on repeat.

Then I will find Hell comforting if only for that.

Disney's "Summer Magic" starring Hayley Mills, Dorothy McGuire, Deborah Walley, Michael J Pollard (in one of his earliest roles) James Stacey (before his terrible motorcycle accident) Peter Brown (and his Stutz Bearcat), Jimmy Mathers (Younger brother of The Beaver, Jerry Mathers) Eddie Hodges, Una Merkel and, of course, Burl Ives, was one of my favorite childhood movies. I went to see it with my older brother when I was 9 and we had just moved into a new neighborhood, and had made no new friends yet. I missed my old friends, hated the new neighborhood and was about as depressed as a 9 year can be. For some reason "Summer Magic" made all the difference in the world, lifting my spirits and turning my outlook around. I loved it and still do.

In addition to being a popular folk singer and a reliable pick for corny, stereotypical roles like Osh Popham in "Summer Magic" Burl Ives was actually a very good actor. As you're probably aware, he played "Big Daddy" in both the Broadway and film versions of Tennessee Williams' "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and received a lot of great reviews for the performance. It was certainly a different Burl Ives than the one who sang "Ugly Bug Ball" in "Summer Magic" and "Holly Jolly Christmas" as the snowman in the Rankin/Bass, stop-motion Christmas animation classic "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"
<br /> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYCanPfwEI8

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 06:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Anything Kardashian
Definitely
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 07:10 pm
Caveman tv series. This was a spinoff from the Geico insurance commercial featuring the caveman. The commercial it came from was funny. The tv series sitcom was HORRIBLE
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 07:15 pm
I guess you can't call 'The Wendy Williams Show' a series, but it drives me crazy. It stinks, the whole idea is for Wendy to make snarky comments about celebrities, who gives a crap what Wendy thinks.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 07:17 pm
I didn't like Mork and Mindy, either.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 07:29 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I guess you can't call 'The Wendy Williams Show' a series, but it drives me crazy. It stinks, the whole idea is for Wendy to make snarky comments about celebrities, who gives a crap what Wendy thinks.

Wendy Williams is another disgusting human being. If you'd like to be entertained, there's a you tube where you can hear Judge Greg Mathis give her a serious comeuppance. Look up 'Judge Mathis Wendy Williams'.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 08:58 pm
@snood,
OMG you're right. When I first found her show I didn't know what it was she was known for and looked her up on the internet. Judge Mathis chewed her up and spat her out. You have to be seriously deluded if you think you can get the best of a judge or a comic.

Her Jersey girl thing is tiresome.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 09:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
American Idol.

Why? Well it attempts to suggest that you can just pull people in off the street and make the popstars. Where are all the "winners"? Oh yeah they suck so you barely hear anything about them. Plus it totally kills the idea that they put in the work to make it. This sort of voting because these are the only options is why we have Trump, it's a terrible metric to use. Not to mention Simon would know talent if it was a bullet that got fired into his brain.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 09:22 pm
@Krumple,
You win
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:46:56