Satan, the devil, the serpent, the dragon, Lucifer....

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:59 am
Are they all the same 'being'?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 307 • Replies: 9
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:00 pm
They don't exist.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:07 pm
@daverod,
The word 'Satan' is first mentioned in 1 Chronicles 21:1 "And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
21:2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it."

The word 'devil' is first mentioned in Matthew 4:1 "Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil."

The word 'serpent' is first mentioned in Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

The word 'dragon' is first mentioned in Nehemiah 2:13 "And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire."

The word 'Lucifer' is first mentioned in Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

The words 'dragon', 'serpent', 'Devil', 'Satan' is all mentioned in Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Kolyo

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:09 pm
The quintinity is one.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:12 pm
@daverod,
Where in The Holy Bible does it mention any Heavenly 'war' before God drove out the 'man' from the Garden of Eden as mentioned in Genesis 3:23-24 "Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:37 pm
What might have happened if Adam 'apologized' and asked for forgiveness??
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
@daverod,
A saying that says 'You are not saved by works'. 'You cannot be saved by works'.

Matthew 7:16-17 "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit."

Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

Matthew 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Matthew 17:20 "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Matthew 13;32 "Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."
daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 01:26 pm
@daverod,
Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

Luke 23:41 "... we receive the due reward of our deeds:..."

1 Corinthians 3:8 "Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."

1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward."

2 Timothy 4:14 "...the Lord reward him according to his works:"

2 Peter 2:13 "And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness,..."

2 John 1:8 "Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."

Revelation 22:12 "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Hebrews 10:35 "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward."
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 01:31 pm
@daverod,
Keeping 'Faith' is 'works'....
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 01:41 pm
@daverod,
And here is 1 huge thing which keeps persons down.

People should NOT feel nor think that they 'need' to do something nor feel as if they 'need' to obtain or reach more than what they are comfortable doing. Christians should NOT be made to feel as if their own personal walk with God is lacking in any way, IF, that person is truly walking with God. I can bear 'false witness' and say yes but in actuality it might be no. But for the individual, they will know if they are sincere or not and for those who are sincere, they should not be made to feel as if their walk with God is lacking.. Contributing to their walk with Scripture can assist with 'growth' but it is up to the individual and God, not the preacher or teacher, to decide how 'tall' they want to take it..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Satan, the devil, the serpent, the dragon, Lucifer....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:37:33