Prieto Nespereira Etching

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 08:54 pm
Hi Members-

Last weekend I salvaged this work from an estate sale by Spanish artist, Julio Prieto Nespereira. I say salvaged because it was in the original frame and matte which indicated it was framed in 1968. The frame had all but fallen apart and the fabric matte had soiling / stains accumulated through the decades. Thankfully the artwork itself had no damage or evidence of foxing (much to the framer's surprise). Of course re-framing is never cheap and regardless if this piece has any value, I absolutely love the work and was thrilled to add this to my collection.

Of course I was able to find examples of other works by this artist, most of which seems to be located in Spain. I was hoping someone could possibly translate the title of this print for me. I cannot quite make out the script and would love to just put a title on this piece.

Many thanks for any information that can be provided about this piece or other works by this artist which may be on display in the USA.

http://imgur.com/a/emWYa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 249 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Prieto Nespereira Etching
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:44:38