Can tea really be used to remove acne?

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:42 am
There is a lot of acne on my face, which makes me feel sad. I have heard some people said that tea can be used to remove acne. Is it really?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 424 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:48 am
@sunshine793,
No.

Here, read some facts about acne from people who are actually doctors: https://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/Acne/acne_ff.asp
perennialloner

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 08:41 am
@sunshine793,
Changing your diet may improve your acne. Some foods have hormones and other substances that cause your skin to behave in a way - clog your pores by overproducing oil - that contribute to acne. Tea, specifically green tea, is renowned for its health benefits, many of them stemming from the beverage's absence of these substances. However, your acne will not go away if you drink a lot of tea. You'll need to consume fewer of the substances that actually harm your skin. If you have cystic acne, and you wish to purify your skin without using the FDA-approved treatments that most doctors would prescribe, you'll have to commit to purging contaminants in your diet or otherwise from your life. Acne often reveals the unhealthy aspects of people's lives that aren't apparent to them.

Note: I am not a doctor.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 08:53 am
@sunshine793,
Sex is the only cure.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:18 pm
people may be confusing tea tree oil from the Melaleuca tree - and actual tea from what are different plants.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-113-tea%20tree%20oil.aspx?activeingredientid=113

TEA TREE OIL Overview Information

Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. The tea tree was named by eighteenth century sailors, who made tea that smelled like nutmeg from the leaves of the tree growing on the swampy southeast Australian coast. Do not confuse the tea tree with the unrelated common tea plant that is used to make black and green teas.

Tea tree oil is applied to the skin (used topically) for infections such as acne, fungal infections of the nail (onychomycosis), lice, scabies, athlete's foot (tinea pedis), and ringworm. It is also used topically as a local antiseptic for cuts and abrasions, for burns, insect bites and stings, boils, vaginal infections, recurrent herpes labialis, toothache, infections of the mouth and nose, sore throat, and for ear infections such as otitis media and otitis externa.

Some people add it to bath water to treat cough, bronchial congestion, and pulmonary inflammation.

How does it work?

The chemicals in tea tree oil may kill bacteria and fungus, and reduce allergic skin reactions.
sunshine793

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:45 pm
@jespah,
I see, Thank you!
0 Replies

sunshine793

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:48 pm
@perennialloner,
Thank you ! I will pay more attention to diet.
sunshine793

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:51 pm
@ossobucotemp,
It's amazing that tea tree oil has so many advantages!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 09:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Blickers once said tea tree oil needs to be diluted to about 25%. Otherwise it is pretty inflammatory. I once tried it straight up, and he was right about that part. Oh, he suggested grape seed oil be used for dilution because it's light and easily adsorbed by the skin. He could be right about that, too.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 09:18 am
@sunshine793,
I just want to be clear that diet is not a solution to acne. A healthy diet will improve your health, including your skin, but it will not necessarily improve your acne situation. And if it does, likely you'll see gradual results that will only be kept up with consistency in your diet which may be hard for you to maintain.

That being said, the benefits of removing toxins from your life are definitely something you should pursue regardless of your skin condition. In the long term, you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Tea tree oil, like tea, is often heralded for its beneficial properties and success in treating acne. However, you have to be careful or you'll only clog your pores more. It is an oil itself. It is also unlikely to solve the root cause of your acne, though certainly worth a try.
sunshine793

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 09:03 pm
@perennialloner,
OK, I see. Thank you!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can tea really be used to remove acne?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:44:11