How popular is a2k?

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 03:34 pm
I've noticed in the rap battle thread I created, people showing up just for that thread. It got me wondering if anyone could give me some statistics or ratings that might answer this question.

Anybody?

Anyone?

Dauer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,644 • Replies: 48
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 03:39 pm
I believe it has something to do with keywords and Google rankings, but the techies could explain it better than I could ever try to.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 03:47 pm
A2K as of 4:45 EST, A2K has 27,069 members.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/memberlist.php
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 04:58 pm
a big part of it is "search engine optimization".
people use google, and A2k is often on the 1st page of hits...
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:24 pm
Thanks, Reege.

Dauer
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:51 pm
dauer, aren't you going to thank Cav and Noddy? They tried to help you out. I mean they took time out of their hectic schedule and came to the aid of a fellow A2Ker and you treat them like that?

Not even a thank you?

C'mon, dauer! Please.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:57 pm
Not to worry, Dauer. Poor Gus was up for the lead in the remake of "The Incredible Hulk". When he lost the part, his mind, sort of, snapped.

Gus- It's time for your meds, dear! Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:04 pm
Dauer is a college student Gus. He doesn't have time to thank every Tom, Dick and Harriet that answers his profound questions.

Please...have a little consideration!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:04 pm
Et tu, Phoenixicus?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:07 pm
Grr..I love how you look when you are pissed! Laughing
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:39 pm
Even with the explanation, it seems really strange that so many people showed up just to join the rap battle. YOu wouldn't expect the rap battle itself to be listed on search engines.I wonder how many lurkers there are here.

Yes, you! lurker! why don't you post ( or even join) ? I'm on to you. I know where you live. Post or else.

Threats are fine ways to get people to come out of their shells. A fine, fine way, and I'm not the slightest bit unbalanced.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:43 pm
Yeah, my question was profound and I have no time to waste thanking everybody. And in any event there is that old Lithuanian folk saying:

"If three people happen to give you advice, thank the third and consider it as if you had thanked all three."

So I'm in the clear. And yes, panzade, this was actually research for a paper I am writing on the way my rap thread attracts newcomers for a class on the interactions between Jews and the African American community on the internet. That whole thread is just part of my research. My prof said he'd give me extra credit if I can out-rhyme a professed lyricist.

Dauer
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
OS,

I'm actually thinking back to how high up I've found my threads when looking for information. I'm also thinking about how popular all things Hip Hop have become among diverse populations. It seems extremely likely that people would go looking for new places to "bring it" and find that thread.

Dauer
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:54 pm
which search engine do you use?
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:57 pm
Google, always. I have a mac and use Safari, which has Google built-in next to the address bar.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:08 pm
Found it!

My thread is on page 2 of google when searching for "rap battle" and looks very inviting.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rap+battle&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&start=10&sa=N
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:54 pm
dauer wrote:
Thanks, Reege.

Dauer

as a gesture of goodwill, i am heretoforth donating my Thanks to both Cav (Tha) & Noddy (nks)...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:57 pm
An online rap battle is about as inviting as having unprotected sex with a herpes-infested shemale.

I'm just joshin', it's mad fresh.

But seriously, to answer your question:

There is a member on A2K that is famous. People come from high and low, from left and right, and from under shrubs in swamps(i.e., Gus) to come and have an opportunity to have this member respond to their threads, and read the genius that he is.

Have you ever heard the term "The Man?" If you look up that term in the dictionary there's a smiling picture of this member. There's also a picture of him next to the words "stud," and also "pervert." He is totally awesome, has had sex with thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and....2 women, and has also ripped someone's head off with his bare hands, just because the guy asked him what time it was.

To protect him, because he's famous, I'll leave you with a subtle hint: his initials are "SDH."
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:59 pm
he's also been described as a "tripod" and he does acid, right?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:20 pm
Right. Except except for the acid...it's a wicked amount of crack.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How popular is a2k?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:29:16