Should I let my landlord host airBNB?

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 08:37 pm
My landlord emailed me asking for permission to host airBNb, which until this point, I've never heard of. My first thought was, how are you going to keep the weird ones accountable, and how are you going to background check them? Anyways, currently she wants to do it until she can rent to a long-term tenant, as she hasn't found any since December. As far as I can see, reviews for airBNB are positive, but all the video information is negative. My landlord said my rent will be reduced (I'm worried this will change if airBNB causes inflation, and then I'll be stuck paying twice as much as before). She also said she will require references from the tenants, and they will sign leases; but again, how do you keep them accountable? Just worried here.

To clarify, my residence is shared housing, not an apartment; so she has always rented out rooms, just always long-term, typically college students for 6mo-2years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 333 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 06:58 am
@mlssufan01,
Ask if you can get a lock for your door before you will even consider agreeing to anything.
mlssufan01

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:37 am
@jespah,
There actually already is a lock on my door, however, some of my less valuable belongings are contained in the community rooms (kitchen, bathroom,e tc).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I let my landlord host airBNB?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 07:03:55