Raw Veganism and Weight Loss

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 03:19 am
Hey guys!

I am contemplating starting a raw diet, but after my last experience with it, I'm not sure if it will be the best of ideas.
The last time I ate a raw diet, I ended up gaining weight. In retrospect I was most likely bloated, but I was still a bit baffled. I made sure I was not consuming too much sugar, carbohydrates, or fats. Yet after restriction + a raw food diet, I was gaining weight. I was working out, but primarily doing cardio so the weight gain couldn't of been attributed to muscle mass.

Have any of you lost weight on a raw vegan diet?
If so, what did you eat?
What dietary plan did you follow?

Would any of you be interested in doing this again with me?

Much love!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 461 • Replies: 8
No top replies

centrox

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 10:00 am
Why don't you just eat a normal balanced diet? Food fads and miracle diets are unhealthy.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 10:17 am
@demilovato,
What did you use for protein? When you said "vegan" does that mean no dairy or eggs? If so, about the only source of the amounts of protein a normal young woman requires-about 50 mg daily-comes from legumes, like lentils, garbanzo beans, etc. And plenty of them.

For instance, a full cup of already cooked lentils gives about 18 grams of pretty complete protein. But you would need about 3 cups daily of cooked lentils, garbanzos, etc, to get your quota of protein if you use vegetable sources for your protein only. Legumes like lentils are not only filling, they can frequently cause digestive upset since many people do not have sufficient amount of the enzyme to digest them. If they don't have the enzyme, bloating absolutely will result.

Taking Beano will help to supply the enzyme, and Walmart has a much cheaper Walmart version of the same thing. Sometimes vegans look upon getting complete proteins as something of an anti-vegan hype, but it is necessary for a healthy diet. In fairness, it should be said that in the past, protein was over-hyped as a food group and lots of weightlifters and workout artists were filling themselves with somewhat harmful amounts of it-200 mg daily or more. But a young woman needs about 50 grams, a man needs about 65 grams, daily.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 11:55 am
Oops. Make that 50 grams of protein for a woman, not mg. Proteinis normally measured in grams, not milligrams. Getting my measurements mixed up.
demilovato

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 09:35 pm
@centrox,
I just want to lose weight..
0 Replies

demilovato

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 09:52 pm
@Blickers,
Usually eat eggs, milk, butter, cheese and other dairy products. And thanks for explaining.
0 Replies

demilovato

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 09:55 pm
@Blickers,
I'm not very clear
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 10:05 pm
@demilovato,
Do you want to lose weight or do you want to be smaller? Is weight or size your main concern. If it's weight, why? If you weighed 300 pounds but were slim and trim and sexy, would it matter to you? If you want to be smaller you are (or think you are) out of shape or too large. Just eat a well balanced diet: lots of vegetables(cooked or raw) and some protein (meat, eggs, fish, beans), some fat (butter, oils) and a small amount of carbs. Don't eliminate anything from your diet, just reduce carbs and sugar. Eat a mix of the other things and you should settle in to a healthy weight (size). Don't forget exercise!
demilovato

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 01:42 am
@TomTomBinks,
Yep..I would eat some other things and do exercise.Thank you!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Raw Veganism and Weight Loss
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:33:39