Is a low IQ compulsory to be a Republican voter?.

Sturgis

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 10:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Plus you have a lot more dead people to bury.

From what we've heard from Trump, he will likely use this as part of his bragging about lowering unemployment rosters and creating jobs.
roger

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 10:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Good point, but out of work doctors have more earning potential than the average grave digger or mortician.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:37 pm
@roger,
Well, if they can obtain bandages from the nurses..
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 01:47 am
@snood,
I get the impression that Republicans (not all of course) but the Republican credo just doesn't get the idea of humanity. It seems that not only do they not accept the concept of humanity. Which to me means the stronger caring for the weaker and accepting the fact that there will always be people who find it hard to deal with life, cannot fit in and need to be carried by the stronger in our society. Republicans seem not only incapable of accepting this fact but actively fight against it.

As for the IQ of Republican voters, well the proof is in the pudding.
Look at what you have sent to the Whitehouse. The last one was a illiterate moron, who by the by caused the deaths of over a million people with an illegal and ill thought out war. Apparently this is acceptable to Republicans but a blow job isn't.
Incredibly this time you've gone from a moron to a nut. Anybody with half a brain can see this guy is literally insane, crazy as a loon. CRINGE.
What next?.

I wonder who the Republicans will try and put in the Whitehouse next; suggestions on a postcard.

I tend to agree with Naom Chomsky that the Republican party is a candidate for the most dangerous organisation on Earth.

snood

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:02 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Agree. The best conversation I could come up with for a full month after this last election was an enraged sputtering of disconnected thoughts. Part of the reason for my inarticulate state was because there is a lack of frame of reference on which to base a discussion with anyone who made a conscious decision to support this pestilence of a man. There is no mutually shared idea of the common good, or even 'good' or 'bad'. Much less 'humanity'. They have committed to defending the boundaries of a ******* crazy toddler with nuclear toys; to following the edicts of someone with not even a nodding acquaintance with scientific fact. What can you discuss with such people?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:13 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
What can you discuss with such people?

Movies and computer games, but only if you can stomach talking to such individuals, I certainly can't.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 06:32 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
It seems that not only do they not accept the concept of humanity. Which to me means the stronger caring for the weaker and accepting the fact that there will always be people who find it hard to deal with life, cannot fit in and need to be carried by the stronger in our society.

We've been carrying the democrats along for years now. I don't think you know what you are talking about.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 08:42 am
@McGentrix,
One of the overriding philosophies of the Republican Party is state sovereignty — the federal government's influence should be minimized and states should be allowed to broadly govern themselves
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-more-dependent-on-federal-government-2015-7
"The Washington machine that gobbles up our freedoms and invades every nook and cranny of our lives must be stopped," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) said during his presidential launch speech in April.

It's a theme that many of the now 16 Republican presidential candidates will stress on the trail — including the eight current or former governors in the field as of Tuesday.

But a recent study by personal finance resource site WalletHub reveals that red-state economies are far more dependent on funding from the federal government than blue states.

Using data from the IRS, WalletHub ranked all 50 states on four key metrics: return on taxes paid to the federal government, federal funding as a percentage of state revenue, the number of federal employees per 1,000 residents, and the number of non-defense federal employees per 1,000 residents.

By and large, they found that people in red states enjoy greater returns on their federal-income tax — and that federal funds make up a greater portion of their state's revenue.

Source: WalletHub

Using results from the 2012 presidential election, WalletHub ranked each state from 1 to 50 — with 1 being the least dependent state and 50 being the most dependent state. Here's what they found:

states dependency
The smaller the number the less dependent the state isWallethub

Here are the complete rankings:

SEE ALSO: 20 fascinating facts about the majority of Americans
NOW WATCH: This animated map shows how the states voted in every presidential election since the Civil War
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 09:04 am
@edgarblythe,
Take the nukes out, give them independence and be done with it! Then I can love America as a whole back again... Wink
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 12:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Killing sick kids isn't going to ever happen in the US.

For sure. You folks are way too moral to ever consider killing children or making them sick or providing cluster bombs for them to play with.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't get what they mean by "most dependent". It seems that they are judging by how many Federal dollars received vs Federal dollars given as equaling dependence.

Does that about sum it up?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:52 pm
@McGentrix,
It means Republicans use more federal help than Democrats.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Using "federal help"? Again, what is being defined as help and do no Democrats live in those states? Do no Republicans live in blue states?

I think what you are trying to say is that the poorer states are receiving more Federal money than wealthier states and that because those poorer states tend to lean right during elections that poor = Republican. Obviously that would be a sleight against any fine, upstanding Republican on A2K, right? Inferring that because we lean right we must be poor and all of the connotations that go with that?

Is that your point?

To me, "federal help" would be social and other programs being paid for with Federal dollars instead of State dollars. Having government contracts or govt employees really shouldn't be counted as help because the govt is getting a service in exchange for pay. I am willing to bet they found lower tax rates and pay employees less in poor states than wealthy states.

Do you concur?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Jesus. Ring around the rosey, huh Ed? It's evidently hard for some to acknowledge that republican voters in Red States use more food stamps and medicaid. Wonder why that's hard to acknowledge...
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:42 pm
@snood,
Because they feed themselves a mythology that lefties are takers, not workers. And they believe this no matter what they see or hear.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:47 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Jesus. Ring around the rosey, huh Ed? It's evidently hard for some to acknowledge that republican voters in Red States use more food stamps and medicaid. Wonder why that's hard to acknowledge...

It's so hard to acknowledge because help is more than food stamps and medicaid you putz. Poor states get more aide, wealthier states get less. It's not rocket science. Has nothing to do with political bent. Correlation does not imply causation.

Medicaid spending by state:
California $81,963,494,431
New York $62,858,761,866
Texas $40,329,673,422
Pennsylvania $27,562,165,896
Florida $21,841,384,373
Ohio $21,744,648,983
Illinois $19,298,315,096
Massachusetts $17,121,704,904
Michigan $16,881,112,468
New Jersey $14,546,679,583
North Carolina $12,382,079,896

Food Stamps by state (Percent of population receiving):
Mississippi 20.6
Oregon 20
Tennessee 19.9
New Mexico 19.7
Michigan 19.6
Louisiana 19.1
Kentucky 18.7
West Virginia 18.6
Maine 18.4
South Carolina 18.1
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Because they feed themselves a mythology that lefties are takers, not workers. And they believe this no matter what they see or hear.

If you wish to end civil conversation, just let me know.
camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:36 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If you wish to end civil conversation, just let me know.

How can you, in good conscience, make such pretense, McGentrix?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:37 pm
@McGentrix,
What's uncivil about that? It's what I believe.
camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
McGentrix pretended you bunched up his panties, Edgar, but he never said boo about,

Is a low IQ compulsory to be a Republican voter?.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:04:48