Bathroom Leak Help!

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 11:30 am
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for reading and trying to help.
So I have a leak coming from the second floor directly above a bathroom. It took down my ceiling and I can only see it dripping thru the second level floor, so I don't know where it's coming from exactly. Ive tear down some sheetrock upstairs and I'm still not able to find it. So I'm inclined to think it is a wax seal from a toilet . I shut off the water inlet valve to the toilet so wouldn't that cut all the water supply to toilet and stop the leak??? That's my biggest concern before I change the wax seal. Thanks in advance. ANy help is appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 379 • Replies: 3
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 12:12 pm
@shellc0d3r,
You shut off the water supply to the toilet but there is still water in the toilet. There is water in the tank and in the trap. Flush the toilet with the supply off and then get the rest of the water out before you do anything else.
shellc0d3r

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 12:16 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Thanks, I have shut off and flushed the toilet . there's still a bit of water left in the bottom of the toilet. I have a bucket downstairs catching water and it keeps filling up. So I'm inclined to think it's not that toilet? Perhaps a pipe behind it in the wall or something.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 10:46 pm
@shellc0d3r,
You'd better call a plumber.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bathroom Leak Help!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:28:51